Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Program to blur out the face?

Default Program to blur out the face?

I would be very grateful for help in finding a computer program to blur out face please.
    I want one that is very professional,not just a paint job.It would need to be compatible with windows vista.

Ive google searched but cannot find what I am looking for.Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Samantha x

Default Photoshop

Lasso the area you want to blur with the lasso tool, then under filter, select blur affect. It will only blur the area you selected with lasso tool.

Some internet cafes have photoshop on their computers, it would be alot cheaper for you to use their program then to buy it. I just bought the newest version for $800. Its not exactly cheap.

Blog Entries

Photoshop is the tool of professionals, but I think it is total overkill for what you need to do here. It is also a large application and I'd avoid installing things like it on your computer unless you need to as they can slow you whole system down.

I think nearly any graphics application will let you blur the face out on a photo, and a light-weight free one would do you much better here.

Myself I use a really old version of Paint Shop Pro that one of our designers in here gave me. It does everything I could possibly want it to do, anything more advanced would be wasted on me, and it is only a small application. I doubt you can even buy this any more it is so old. I think you can buy the newer versions, and Paint Shop Pro is way cheaper than Photoshop, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing so as the newer versions are much more complicated, like Photoshop, I expect.

I expect there are at least a few free and easy light-weight tools you could use. Hopefully some people here will be able to suggest to you some good options?

4. Default

There's a program which is very photoshop like (an exact copy) but is open source it's (and I'm not kidding here) called GIMP (graphic image manipulation program). Google it, it's free, windows compatible and works a treat.

Hope that helps. There's photoshop elements and a few others out there that are cut down versions of their bigger brothers but I use gimp on PCs, photoshop on macs.

http://www.gimp.org/

Default Loreal Paris

Quote Originally Posted by samymature View Post
    I would be very grateful for help in finding a computer program to blur out face please.
    I want one that is very professional,not just a paint job.It would need to be compatible with windows vista.

Ive google searched but cannot find what I am looking for.Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Samantha x
    because your worth it,

So are you Sweetie,your worth it too,
    Westside.

Default Thank you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by dubM37 View Post
    There's a program which is very photoshop like (an exact copy) but is open source it's (and I'm not kidding here) called GIMP (graphic image manipulation program). Google it, it's free, windows compatible and works a treat.

Hope that helps. There's photoshop elements and a few others out there that are cut down versions of their bigger brothers but I use gimp on PCs, photoshop on macs.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Thanks a lot for the help everyone.
    Much appreciated

Love
    Samantha x

Default No probs

Quote Originally Posted by samymature View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help everyone.
    Much appreciated

Love
    Samantha x
    your very welcome "sweetie",
    Westside.

Reviews

Yeah - GIMP will do what you want.
    An even easier tool (and still free) is Paint.NET
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    Lasso the area you want to blur with the lasso tool, then under filter, select blur affect. It will only blur the area you selected with lasso tool.

Some internet cafes have photoshop on their computers, it would be alot cheaper for you to use their program then to buy it. I just bought the newest version for $800. Its not exactly cheap.
    OMG do people actually pay for there software!! LOL Next thing you'll be telling me people pay for there music CD's and DVD's

Reviews

Is Adobe CS4 available for ummm download yet?
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast