Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: To the Sailor of her own Sea…

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default To the Sailor of her own Sea…

    To sailors of this sea so rough
    not known to me how deep and tough
    you need to be while all the while
    maintain an air of warmth and smile

    What ever earned, I hope you double
    at that it is, not near your trouble
    to suffer fools who are but boys
    and throw from cot, all of their toys

    Content I am that of this place
    you hold the key to which they chase
    not only that, but never tire
    you own the car, men only hire

    To men who rent a woman’s flesh
    and sate your need and care not less
    it is your right in this you seek
    but not to mock, those not as weak
    you may have funds with which to barter
    but nare have wealth of mind, no matter

    Ropes of lose morals, you are bound
    ignoring wrongs, of which abound
    the very women, on which you fawn
    at times are hurt, by of your own

    Of all I said, have proved been right
    a pen indeed, it has some might
    fall on your sword, it is quite light
    i’ve seen your souls, and they have blight

    Care not it minded of their lot
    they bring you joy, but you dare not
    incur the ire of mice and rat
    that bite their heel, and you let that

    Shy if must from all these truths
    unlike you, I’ll not once lose
    a moments thought as all I tried
    was make quite plain, while you all hide

    Easy it is to knock and chide
    but cowardice, I’ll not abide
    my head held high and in contrast
    to your small jibes, I’m sure outlast

    If issue with me because I talk
    it may surprise, those I vex
    my tongue has paid for more then you
    will ever earn to pay for sex

    So if you find that looming recession
    impedes upon your need for session
    far cheaper to open your mouth awhile
    it costs but air, some thought, and smile

    Most Women here are not your equal
    they are the film but you the sequel
    they sell a little for fair expense
    to look at you, needs recompense

    My hat I take to one and all
    I pray that none will ever fall
    from the height I hold them high
    to depths so low that some do try

    I had I hoped, because of gender
    captain cared for those that tender
    sailing this sea if hope to last
    but on this ship, all tied to mast
    nare mind as know that Escorts be
    strong willed enough to plow through seas
    that make a man quite ill with fright
    as Woman do, they just make light

    My time of late was but to ease
    concern of things that caused unease
    happy to learn that futures main
    of most are bright and none shall stain

    Now that I know of least one here
    who took the time to bend my ear
    I thank them more then bonds can buy
    now that I know, I’ll say goodbye.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    i'm behind you
    Posts
    1,238
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    To sailors of this sea so rough
    not known to me how deep and tough
    you need to be while all the while
    maintain an air of warmth and smile

    What ever earned, I hope you double
    at that it is, not near your trouble
    to suffer fools who are but boys
    and throw from cot, all of their toys

    Content I am that of this place
    you hold the key to which they chase
    not only that, but never tire
    you own the car, men only hire

    To men who rent a woman’s flesh
    and sate your need and care not less
    it is your right in this you seek
    but not to mock, those not as weak
    you may have funds with which to barter
    but nare have wealth of mind, no matter

    Ropes of lose morals, you are bound
    ignoring wrongs, of which abound
    the very women, on which you fawn
    at times are hurt, by of your own

    Of all I said, have proved been right
    a pen indeed, it has some might
    fall on your sword, it is quite light
    i’ve seen your souls, and they have blight

    Care not it minded of their lot
    they bring you joy, but you dare not
    incur the ire of mice and rat
    that bite their heel, and you let that

    Shy if must from all these truths
    unlike you, I’ll not once lose
    a moments thought as all I tried
    was make quite plain, while you all hide

    Easy it is to knock and chide
    but cowardice, I’ll not abide
    my head held high and in contrast
    to your small jibes, I’m sure outlast

    If issue with me because I talk
    it may surprise, those I vex
    my tongue has paid for more then you
    will ever earn to pay for sex

    So if you find that looming recession
    impedes upon your need for session
    far cheaper to open your mouth awhile
    it costs but air, some thought, and smile

    Most Women here are not your equal
    they are the film but you the sequel
    they sell a little for fair expense
    to look at you, needs recompense

    My hat I take to one and all
    I pray that none will ever fall
    from the height I hold them high
    to depths so low that some do try

    I had I hoped, because of gender
    captain cared for those that tender
    sailing this sea if hope to last
    but on this ship, all tied to mast
    nare mind as know that Escorts be
    strong willed enough to plow through seas
    that make a man quite ill with fright
    as Woman do, they just make light

    My time of late was but to ease
    concern of things that caused unease
    happy to learn that futures main
    of most are bright and none shall stain

    Now that I know of least one here
    who took the time to bend my ear
    I thank them more then bonds can buy
    now that I know, I’ll say goodbye.
    SERIOUSLY GIVE ME SOME OF WAT YOUR SMOKEING

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Alternatively you could have said

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    To sailors of this sea so rough
    not known to me how deep and tough
    you need to be while all the while
    maintain an air of warmth and smile

    What ever earned, I hope you double
    at that it is, not near your trouble
    to suffer fools who are but boys
    and throw from cot, all of their toys

    Content I am that of this place
    you hold the key to which they chase
    not only that, but never tire
    you own the car, men only hire

    To men who rent a woman’s flesh
    and sate your need and care not less
    it is your right in this you seek
    but not to mock, those not as weak
    you may have funds with which to barter
    but nare have wealth of mind, no matter

    Ropes of lose morals, you are bound
    ignoring wrongs, of which abound
    the very women, on which you fawn
    at times are hurt, by of your own

    Of all I said, have proved been right
    a pen indeed, it has some might
    fall on your sword, it is quite light
    i’ve seen your souls, and they have blight

    Care not it minded of their lot
    they bring you joy, but you dare not
    incur the ire of mice and rat
    that bite their heel, and you let that

    Shy if must from all these truths
    unlike you, I’ll not once lose
    a moments thought as all I tried
    was make quite plain, while you all hide

    Easy it is to knock and chide
    but cowardice, I’ll not abide
    my head held high and in contrast
    to your small jibes, I’m sure outlast

    If issue with me because I talk
    it may surprise, those I vex
    my tongue has paid for more then you
    will ever earn to pay for sex

    So if you find that looming recession
    impedes upon your need for session
    far cheaper to open your mouth awhile
    it costs but air, some thought, and smile

    Most Women here are not your equal
    they are the film but you the sequel
    they sell a little for fair expense
    to look at you, needs recompense

    My hat I take to one and all
    I pray that none will ever fall
    from the height I hold them high
    to depths so low that some do try

    I had I hoped, because of gender
    captain cared for those that tender
    sailing this sea if hope to last
    but on this ship, all tied to mast
    nare mind as know that Escorts be
    strong willed enough to plow through seas
    that make a man quite ill with fright
    as Woman do, they just make light

    My time of late was but to ease
    concern of things that caused unease
    happy to learn that futures main
    of most are bright and none shall stain

    Now that I know of least one here
    who took the time to bend my ear
    I thank them more then bonds can buy
    now that I know, I’ll say goodbye.
    im right
    your wrong
    im leaving the site
    see ya.

    Wasnt too bad though,
    Westside.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Laois
    Posts
    524
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Did anybody actually read the full text? He has far too much time on his hands!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    My compliments on your tight iambic tetrameter, but your use of Clerihew rhyming made it a smidgen too easy to read. Then again, perhaps that was the idea. Who knows?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    635
    Reviews
    1

    Wink we,re all friggin in the riggin

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    To sailors of this sea so rough
    not known to me how deep and tough
    you need to be while all the while
    maintain an air of warmth and smile

    Now that I know of least one here
    who took the time to bend my ear
    I thank them more then bonds can buy
    now that I know, I’ll say goodbye.
    YouTube - The Sex Pistols - Friggin' In The Riggin' (Final Scene)

    bbj

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    My compliments on your tight iambic tetrameter, but your use of Clerihew rhyming made it a smidgen too easy to read. Then again, perhaps that was the idea. Who knows?
    too bloody right - not too sure about stanza 10 though

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    I think it's a bit too long for those like Skyblue who have a short attention span. Maybe we could have a copy of the beano posted for those of who are intallectually challenged . God help them if they ever tried to read a 500 page book. Their eyes would never be the same again

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Laois
    Posts
    524
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I think it's a bit too long for those like Skyblue who have a short attention span. Maybe we could have a copy of the beano posted for those of who are intallectually challenged . God help them if they ever tried to read a 500 page book. Their eyes would never be the same again
    Sorry Highwayman but if I fail to notice any meaningful content in the early part of a poem or a book I tend to give it a miss. Particularly when it is only the same thing said again in a different way! Would love a copy of the Beano, from your collection I suppose. I might learn how to spell intellectually in it from the Bash Street Kids.

  10. #10
    Hot Lizzy Guest

    Wink Hello sexy highwayman

    Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I think it's a bit too long for those like Skyblue who have a short attention span. Maybe we could have a copy of the beano posted for those of who are intallectually challenged . God help them if they ever tried to read a 500 page book. Their eyes would never be the same again
    Hands up i didnt read it all to be frank with you but it was just a tad long.

    Could you please get for me Bunty or June and Schoolfriend or maybe Judy - my prefered on is of course Bunty cos you can cut the doll out at the back and then cut the clothes to go onto it.......used to love doing that with my ............ tut, tut, tut not saying who....

    Heres a little ditty for you :

    The boy stood on the burning deck when all but he had fled

    Stupid git...............


    xoxox Lizzy.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •