Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celts and Sexy Naomi familiarity

Smile Celts and Sexy Naomi familiarity

Do you know that it is reported by reliable sources that the celts that first came to Ireland
    were actually from Galicia North West Spain (where I come from)

My home town football team their name is Celta the Vigo, I think that is fairly indicative of the Celtic origins of my homeland.

The landscape is like the West of Ireland particulary along the Coastal regions.

Another Celtic symbol that is prevalent in the local cemetries is the unique Celtic cross which i believe which is a combination of the celtic circle of eternal existence combined with the christian cross..as amazingly the Celtic high priests or Druids anticipated the coming of Jesus the christ as I have studied the hypothesis that the Celts were originally one of the lost ten tribes of Israel.I think it fascinating that even though we are seperated geograpically in distance yet, there is a connection between our two countries.

What your opinion?

And....I love Ireland

Default Celta Vigo

I heard something said about that allright. Celta Vigo have been regulars in Europe up untill recently and someone pointed out an Irish link when they were about 10 years ago though I don't know how true that was.

Default celtic cousins

I think they settled most in the south west of the country particularly around south Kerry and west Cork. They didn't tend to reproduce much with the locals (different from the Norman) but were in positions of power but did intermix with the local populations. I have noticed a lot that some people from here have a more sallow complexion, an artefact from our Spanish visitors perhaps. If I remember correctly genetic studies have been carried out that link this part of the country to those in northwest Spain.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sexy naomi View Post
    Do you know that it is reported by reliable sources that the celts that first came to Ireland
    were actually from Galicia North West Spain (where I come from)

My home town football team their name is Celta the Vigo, I think that is fairly indicative of the Celtic origins of my homeland.

The landscape is like the West of Ireland particulary along the Coastal regions.

Another Celtic symbol that is prevalent in the local cemetries is the unique Celtic cross which i believe which is a combination of the celtic circle of eternal existence combined with the christian cross..as amazingly the Celtic high priests or Druids anticipated the coming of Jesus the christ as I have studied the hypothesis that the Celts were originally one of the lost ten tribes of Israel.I think it fascinating that even though we are seperated geograpically in distance yet, there is a connection between our two countries.

What your opinion?

And....I love Ireland
    I have heard of the Gaelic connection with Galicia and was wondering Naomi does Galicia have its own language like the Basque Region and Catalonia? I have also heard that the people there look more like Irish People than say people from southern Spain? I also must say after trying Galician seefood recipes that wow the food from there is class
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Default It would be interesting alright,

Quote Originally Posted by kieree73 View Post
    I have heard of the Gaelic connection with Galicia and was wondering Naomi does Galicia have its own language like the Basque Region and Catalonia? I have also heard that the people there look more like Irish People than say people from southern Spain? I also must say after trying Galician seefood recipes that wow the food from there is class
    there are some similarities in the humour of the spainish / portugese and the irish.Having said that i have being asked if i was Italian,Canadian,American at different stages.

Im a bastard breed,
    Westside.

Smile Loving my Galicia

Hi kieree,

Yes, Galicia has it own language like the Basque Region and Catalonia. We speak Gallego.

Gallego language is very similar to Portuguese language. I was born in Vigo City(Spain) just an hour drive from O'Porto airport in Portugal.

Vigo has the biggest fishing port in Europe and "yes" the seefood recipes are wow!!!!!!!

All my mother's family has blue eyes, blonde hair and pale skin so myself and my 3 sister's but my dad(& my brother) has brown eyes & dark hair so my blonde hair is much darker now than when I was younger and my skin is tan from my regular sessions in the sun bed.

The South of Spain was conquer by the arabs for a long time so the arabs mix with the local women over there but the arabs never make it to Northern Spain because WE the Northern Spanish people kick all of them out of the whole Spain. THANKS GOD & PELAYO!!!!!!!!!! Hurrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Smile The man of my dreams

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    there are some similarities in the humour of the spainish / portugese and the irish.Having said that i have being asked if i was Italian,Canadian,American at different stages.

Im a bastard breed,
    Westside.
    Uhmmmm Westie.....uhmmmm, so looking like Italian, Canadian, American at different stages...., uhmmm yummy, yummy it must be the sun light at different times of the day lighting you but I guess you always looking good. Westie is a very good looking yummy Daddie......Uhmmm, I could have you for dinner tonight

Reviews

Thank you Naomi some good information you gave me. Celta Vigo were a good team not so long ago. Im guessing Coruna is in Galicia too? I would love to see Spain but not the tourist resorts I want to see the real Spain.
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Smile Check out Cies Islands in Galicia

Thank you Naomi some good information you gave me. Celta Vigo were a good team not so long ago. Im guessing Coruna is in Galicia too? I would love to see Spain but not the tourist resorts I want to see the real Spain.
    Hi Kieree,

Galicia has 4 Provinces, La Coruna, Lugo, Ourense & Pontevedra(Vigo). My fauvorite Provinces in Galicia are La Coruna & Pontevedra because they amazing coast line & seefood.
    Check out places in Galicia like "La Guardia", "Bayona", "Islas Cies", "Ria de Vigo", "Noia", "Muros", "Ribeira", "Rianxo", "Tui", "Padron" ect......, the best time to go to Galicia is spring & summer time as it is always raining there the rest of the year.

***Rodas beach, Cíes islands, Galicia, the best beach in the world (The Guardian 20.02.2007). *****

****Santiago de Compostela (also Saint James of Compostela) is the capital of Galicia and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Located in the Province of A Coruña, The city's Cathedral is the destination today, as it has been throughout history, of the important 9th century medieval pilgrimage route, the Way of St. James.****

"Celta de Vigo".....it will make it again next year I hope
    And..., no many Galician people speaks English so beaware of that but they try their best.

Smile Gaelic Galicia.....

Galicia is the most north-westerly region of Spain, with a beautiful, rugged coastline beaten by Atlantic winds, rural and fishing communities where time has stood still, wonderful food, folk music... This is not just Celtic but Gaelic Spain (the words Galicia and Gaelic are etymologically related) and it feels it. Mist rolls in from the sea, the weather is rainy and the land green, the bagpipes are the national instrument and people believe in witches, fairies and the Santo Compaña, a procession of souls in torment led by an unfortunate mortal which is the harbinger of death.

Eating and drinking in Galicia. Ask a Spaniard if there is a good reason to visit Galicia and nine times out of ten he will mention its gastronomy. Almost all the Spaniards (and Portuguese) who visit the region in ever increasing numbers do so mainly because of its tremendous food and drink. Seafood is the star.

Rustic architecture in Galicia. This is interesting precisely because Galicia is quite different from the rest of Spain, even more so than the Basque Country. The use of granite and slate means British visitors often find themselves reminded of the Lake District. Pazos are Galician manor houses or palaces. Pallozas are pre-Roman, i.e, Celtic round houses with thatched roofs nearly reaching the ground; they were inhabited until the sixties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast