Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Private Dick

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." And as for his gun, now that's the sort of cannon the ladies really love.
    That barrel had a different time zone at each end, if he didn’t shoot the baddy, he could hit him instead…

Reviews

I would say The A Team would be high on everyones list from those days. There was also Airwolf, I always loved the end when it would go at full speed and guns would come out. Then they blow all the motherfuckers out of the sky. Following on from that genre was streethawk, a bit like airwolf but instead a motorbike. Quarterpoundher you mentioned a series about a fellow going around the desert with a truck and a helicopter in it. I think your referring to my namesake thehighwayman. I remember it been shown around the early 90s possibly 1991. You also mentioned a guy who looked after models. That series was called cover up. He killed himself by accident on set while cleaning his gun. He was replaced then by a blonde actor. The theme song was Bonnie Tylers holding out for a hero. Then there was the equalizer. Miami Vice would be up there too. The Fall Guy with Lee Majors is another one which leads me on to the bionic man. The Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch also have to get a mention. Nobody mentioned good old Kojak. Sledgehammer, that was a good saying he had "trust me I know what I'm doing". That's a hell of alot of tv. You would wonder how we had time to do anything else with all those shows on. There was only a few channels compared to today, but more quality back then.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I would say The A Team would be high on everyones list from those days. There was also Airwolf, I always loved the end when it would go at full speed and guns would come out. Then they blow all the motherfuckers out of the sky. Following on from that genre was streethawk, a bit like airwolf but instead a motorbike. Quarterpoundher you mentioned a series about a fellow going around the desert with a truck and a helicopter in it. I think your referring to my namesake thehighwayman. I remember it been shown around the early 90s possibly 1991. You also mentioned a guy who looked after models. That series was called cover up. He killed himself by accident on set while cleaning his gun. He was replaced then by a blonde actor. The theme song was Bonnie Tylers holding out for a hero. Then there was the equalizer. Miami Vice would be up there too. The Fall Guy with Lee Majors is another one which leads me on to the bionic man. The Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch also have to get a mention. Nobody mentioned good old Kojak. Sledgehammer, that was a good saying he had "trust me I know what I'm doing". That's a hell of alot of tv. You would wonder how we had time to do anything else with all those shows on. There was only a few channels compared to today, but more quality back then.

That name rings a bell, and now you say it I remember that’s what happened to him, thanks Highway, also there was a program around the same era that was a time traveling one, it was very good, it had a Man in 20’s and a teenage boy (no comments please) with dark curly hair and the time device was a small orb or ball and they’d visit different historical event, if it rings a bell with anyone, do you remember the name.

I thought Airwolf was the canines reproduction organs as well, plus the helicopter in Blue Thunder, amazing how naff both look now compared to what’s around in the military world now.

Anyone remember “V” about aliens taking over the earth was on Fridays in five parts the same time as the late late show, begged to be allowed see it but ooooohhhh no, uncle f**kin’ gaybo came first, It was the water cooler topic at school and I had to blagg along as if I saw it. got it on DVD a while back, so there Gaybo…strap that to your Harley and ride it….

(Sorry People….just working out some long held issues here )

Reviews

The time travelling one doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid. I'm sure if I heard the name it would come to me. Do you remember one about a man who turned into animals, manimal it was called.

I know what you mean about the shows they looked great in their day. When you see some repeats now the equipment and technology are naff.

I also remember V. Pulling the skin off their faces was a big talking point. And also eating the rats and birds heads.

5. Default

Randall and hopkurk?

not too sure on spelling of names, but basiclly a pair of p.i's and 1 of'em was dead.

H2L

Reviews

The modern shows which are good would be the CSIs. I think the Miami one is the best. Not as many detective series. But other series which you would put up alongside are 24, Sopranos and Prison Break.

The modern shows which are good would be the CSIs. I think the Miami one is the best. Not as many detective series. But other series which you would put up alongside are 24, Sopranos and Prison Break.
    Randle and Hopkirk, that’s a blast from the past, Prison break is addictive, 2nd better then the 1st, 3rd alright but I was gutted when Sarah lost her head a little, and the female baddy has the best lines, thing is they’ve on the run for what seems forever and we never see them in a hairdressers, and of course T bag is the best, the character now, not the favorite.

Btw with ref: to T bagging, is it one lump or two with your cuppa ?, and why is Russian called Russian ?

Reviews

T-bag he's one of those baddies you have to like even though he's a rapist, paedophile and murderer. I was wondering about T-bagging that too why is it called Russian. Maybe they invented it. Theres one other show I forgot about Macgyver he could do anything with his pen knife.

While were talking about tv shows and with it been summer it reminds me of years gone by when I was growing up. What childrens programmes from your era were your favourite. My favourite was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I also enjoyed Thundercats and also Dungeons and Dragons. I doubt if you would get anything as good as those shows now.

While were talking about tv shows and with it been summer it reminds me of years gone by when I was growing up. What childrens programmes from your era were your favourite. My favourite was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I also enjoyed Thundercats and also Dungeons and Dragons. I doubt if you would get anything as good as those shows now.

MY favortite at 5 or 6 was G force
    YouTube - 80s cartoon Battle of the Planets G-Force

Supergran, Billy Connolly sang the theme tune.
    YouTube - Supergran

Yosemite Sam.
    YouTube - yosemite sam clip

The deep south Rooster who was always being beaten by the chicken Hawk.
    He was also kind of a pimp, laying down the law in the chicken shed.
    YouTube - Foghorn Leghorn - A Broken Leghorn

Speedy Gonzales (The fastest mouse in all Meheco)

The little Rascals on Anything Goes, pee wee and alfalfa.

Remember Youngline for early teens ?

Reviews

All those warner brothers cartoons were good apart from porky pig. Good old Supergran I forgot all about that. U2 made an early appearance on youngline. Remember Pajos junk box a Saturday morning childrens show by RTE. A little rat puppet in the years before Zig & Zag. Has anyone else got any favourites?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast