Thread: Site Maintenance - Tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Site Maintenance - Tonight

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know we will be replacing some E-I servers tonight between midnight and 7 am. This shouldn't result in problems accessing the site as a copy will be running throughout, but it is possible if you post messages on the message board during this timeframe a couple of these could not appear or appear then disppear etc.

Don't ask me to explain why this is techically, it is too complicated!

This maintenance is to make E-I stronger and faster and ensure it doesn't fall over at times of extreemly high traffic (e.g. When we are running a one hour TV3 ad )

Thank you for your patience,

Pat x

Blog Entries

Ok nightowls... Any posts you make or private messages you send in the next hour may disappear, as a data move is in progress... Hopefully they won't, but I think they might, so please be warned

Blog Entries

If anyone has any issues with E-I currently, please let us know. As far as we know so far the maintenance went well and there are no bugs on E-I today as a result of it

Reviews

Talking No Bugs

Just the 2 replies to 2 different post I made this morning at about 8.30 were up one minute and gone the next, no panic, i just re-wrote them .

Blog Entries

Hi,

Thanks,

I think that problem is that E-I IP addresses have changed.

Most people have been getting the new E-I on the new IP addresses today, but a few people might still be getting the old E-I on the old IP addresses at times, because of their settings or their ISP's settings. By tomorrow everyone will be getting the new E-I, but sometimes it takes a full 24 hours for the changes to go through everywhere.

If someone gets the old E-I and posts to it, obviously their message doesn't appear on the new E-I. Hopefully this won't cause too much hassle for anyone, and like I say if anyone does have an issue they can expect it to resolve itself very shortly.

The changes had to be done as we needed to replace all our servers. This involved moving to a new data centre (all be it with the same hosting company) so IPs had to change.

Pat x