Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumping old threads.

Default Bumping old threads.

I think there should be a rule concerning bumping of old threads. It shouldn't be possible to do it unless there's a very good reason for it.

I don't think it's fair on any of the people involved to have their conversations brought up again and examined or poked fun at long after they had finished. It's also not nice for others to see people and topics dug out of the grave for no reason at all.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 23-11-10 at 02:44.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicegirlsarenice For This Useful Post:

Ric Hardgear (23-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I think there should be a rule concerning bumping of old threads. It shouldn't be possible to do it unless there's a very good reason for it.

I don't think it's fair on any of the people involved to have their conversations brought up again and examined or poked fun at long after they had finished. It's also not nice for others to see people and topics dug out of the grave for no reason at all.
    Blah Blah blah , if you are prepared to post something on the internet , It is there for all mankind ,for ever . Its not my fault you recommended that chipper LOL

Reviews

Blah blah ..... once its on the forum its fair game for anyone to quote it / bump it for evermore! If you dont want your stuff dragged up then dont post it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

An don (23-11-10)

I have 2 questions

number 1. why is everyone saying blah blah blah when ngan posts

number2.why are all your posts a load of bollix?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

An don (23-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I totally completely agree with NGAN,
    Constantly quoting something a poster said in the past when you were angry,or outasorts ,just to bolster a feeble point is something akin to what my ex would do,..fuck me next we will have its not what you posted but your tone that i disapprove off.....AAAAHHHHH
    a thousand kisses deep..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (23-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    I totally completely agree with NGAN,
    Constantly quoting something a poster said in the past when you were angry,or outasorts ,just to bolster a feeble point is something akin to what my ex would do,..fuck me next we will have its not what you posted but your tone that i disapprove off.....AAAAHHHHH
    im not sure i care for your tone..ill think about it and post back here in 6 months

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    im not sure i care for your tone..ill think about it and post back here in 6 months
    and no sex for a week ,would a grovelling apology box of chocs and shell forecourt flowers make amends.....
    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 23-11-10 at 09:23. Reason: forgot the wine
    a thousand kisses deep..

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    and no sex for a week ,would a grovelling apology box of chocs and shell forecourt flowers make amends.....
    ill think about that aswell...i hate flowers and chocs...but ill dwell on it.

Reviews

I also agree with NGAN...sometimes I cant wait for a thread to go off page one...

Especially if I was posting on a friday night....

(cringe)

But then again this is a public forum and all you post is there for all to see..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

lovethegirls (23-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I agree that people shouldn't be bumping ancient posts for no reason. To be honest, I don't really have much sympathy for people who said something stupid once and don't want to be reminded of it. But it's confusing for the rest of us. Most people don't look at the dates of posts, so they won't realise that a lot of what they are reading is stale.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

lovethegirls (23-11-10), nicegirlsarenice (23-11-10)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast