Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Property prices.......

Blog Entries

Default Property prices.......

Apart from being fcuked (depending on which side you're looking at it from), what do people think???

Buttomed out???

Bit to go???

Good bit to go???

Coming back a bit???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

According to an auctioneer I spoke with recently, there's still some to go - bottom out Q1 next year.
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Reviews

Wouldn't be expecting any increases in prices for the next 5 yrs at least . Just glad i bought back in 99 , so negative equity isn't a prob for me
    I have no signature at the moment

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'd expect them to decline for a while yet, but slowly, and with occasional minor rises. I don't think we'll see a sustained recovery for quite a few years, and I doubt any of us will live to see another bubble the size of the last one.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (09-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    According to an auctioneer I spoke with recently, there's still some to go - bottom out Q1 next year.
    I'd say about the same.......

I hear all kinds of deals being done at the moment with property. Prices agreed, a % of the price being paid now and the balance in a perdetermined number of years, with the balance being open to variations according to the market depending on price increases or decreases so at the end of the perdetermined time frame, the would actually be paying the market value at that time as opposed to the actual time of sale in some cases, depending on how it was worded........

Another risky business........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Still a lot of emerging evidence that there is an oversupply of property.

This will take years to stabilise. In the meantime, the steady drip of bad news and worsening economic outlook will continue to dent confidence, and I can't see the market bottoming out for a year or two.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (09-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I'd say about the same.......

I hear all kinds of deals being done at the moment with property. Prices agreed, a % of the price being paid now and the balance in a perdetermined number of years, with the balance being open to variations according to the market depending on price increases or decreases so at the end of the perdetermined time frame, the would actually be paying the market value at that time as opposed to the actual time of sale in some cases, depending on how it was worded........

Another risky business........
    Like Rimmer, thankfully I don't have negative equity and am looking to improve now and TBH I'm offering 20% off the asking price...
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Reviews

I think Q1 2011 is optimistic - still an oversupply and considering the scale of cuts
    (a) coming in the next [4?] budget[s], or, more likely imho,
    (b) that the IMF are likely to impose
    I don't see any economic stimulus in the short to medium term.

FWIW, I reckon 3-5 years before the property market starts moving in an upward trajectory. Qs is how much further will prices fall in the meantime - would not be at all surprised if prices were at their current levels in 5 years time.

ok things dont look good.but we need to be positive ..ireland needs it..im positive we are fucked...will that help?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (09-10-10), Paddii (09-10-10), Violette (09-10-10)

13. Default

any1 that bought from 2004-2008 has got to be in serious NE; thats a hell of a lot of young ppl and families
    thats why 2 ppl i know have thrown back the keys and emigrated
    IMO 4 years is a more realistic target for a reasonable stabilisation, and only if they dont start building again

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast