Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got scammed

Angry I got scammed

I'm no computer buff quite the opposite really heres the deal: my computer is a few years old but for the past year its been veeery slow at times drove me mad many a time still does, I was onto Vodaphone a few months ago blaming it on the broadband they did a few brief checks over the phone said its my computer itself & to get back onto them soon I didn't, a couple of months later I get a call from Indian people saying they are acting on behalf of Microsoft(I made sure to ask) said they were gonna 'fix' this problem anyway to make a long story short I amended a few things then allowed one of their engineers to work on my computer for an hr or so there was a charge 79euro for a 12month deal this is the 1st time money was mentioned
    I went along paid the 79euro it initially improved my computer or so it seemed I never rang them back I was left in no doubt I could ring them anytime over the 12months now ringing the no. they gave me all I get is ''It is no possible to connect this call''
    now just yesterday I went for a pint with a friend shes a computer buff she got talking about a scam Online Pccare the crowd I dealt with run by Indians calling from their country
    I've been scammed I googled it its all a fucking racket dont half feel a right fucking eejit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I'm no computer buff quite the opposite really heres the deal: my computer is a few years old but for the past year its been veeery slow at times drove me mad many a time still does, I was onto Vodaphone a few months ago blaming it on the broadband they did a few brief checks over the phone said its my computer itself & to get back onto them soon I didn't, a couple of months later I get a call from Indian people saying they are acting on behalf of Microsoft(I made sure to ask) said they were gonna 'fix' this problem anyway to make a long story short I amended a few things then allowed one of their engineers to work on my computer for an hr or so there was a charge 79euro for a 12month deal this is the 1st time money was mentioned
    I went along paid the 79euro it initially improved my computer or so it seemed I never rang them back I was left in no doubt I could ring them anytime over the 12months now ringing the no. they gave me all I get is ''It is no possible to connect this call''
    now just yesterday I went for a pint with a friend shes a computer buff she got talking about a scam Online Pccare the crowd I dealt with run by Indians calling from their country
    I've been scammed I googled it its all a fucking racket dont half feel a right fucking eejit
    I hate this type of thing when people are scammed. Would love to offer some advice but unfortunately I have fallen for a similar type scam myself. Just makes me more cautious now. And yes makes me very mad too.

At a minimum you should uninstall that piece of software they asked you to install.
    You may need to reformat your drive to be sure it is completely removed.
    With it, they can access you computer at any time.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Lucky

I reckon u were lucky as a similar scam was discussed on my local radio station recently and
    they were gaining full access to ure computer and taking credit card details and passwords etc people had stored and then cleaning them out. So i reckon €79 not so bad then. The techical
    side i didnt understand but lots of guys that rang in seemed to understand how it was possible
    to do this
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

I think the same people claiming to represent Microsoft phoned me......Indian accent and all that. They told me that my computer was working slowly and that they could sort this out for me. Now the computer was in fact operating very slowly, but I had not submitted a report either on line or by phone about this. So I thought to myself, where the hell are they getting this information from.

It is my policy that anybody who disturbs my peace by cold calling me will guarantee that I wont do business with them. So I told the surprised Indian sounding chap that my computer was working just fine.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

My wife received a call from some IT crowd a few months ago, and thought I had been in touch with them about a problem with a laptop. They got her to do a few checks on settings or whatever and then asked for credit card details for payment.
    She told them they would have to speak to me first and they left a contact number. I flipped when she told me about it because I knew that it had to be a scam as I hadn't been in contact with anyone about the laptop. I rang the number and told whoever answered to never make contact with my home again as I knew they were scammers and I passed the number on to the police.
    I haven't heard back from the cops and I forgot all about it until I saw your thread EP.
    Sorry to hear that you got caught by them but they were very convincing according to my wife. We could have been caught too except that I have a friend that looks after all my IT stuff as I trust no one else.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

the scumbags are still ringing & 2 friends are getting frequent calls too I read on google its been going for a few years but at an alarming rate this past year If I got my hands on the cunts I would kill them stone dead...

Quote Originally Posted by bedridden View Post
    At a minimum you should uninstall that piece of software they asked you to install.
    You may need to reformat your drive to be sure it is completely removed.
    With it, they can access you computer at any time.
    thanks my friend I'll do that the software I installed is Malwarebytes Anti Malware....

Hahaha this is a perfect example survival of the fittest in motion ha if you are stupid enough to fall for a stunt like that you dont deserve to have money.
    I prefer logic and reason over ethics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Hahaha this is a perfect example survival of the fittest in motion ha if you are stupid enough to fall for a stunt like that you dont deserve to have money.
    Tell that to the old lady that lets the nice gas man in.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

sharkskin (19-12-10)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast