Thread: Guard 5 Times over Drink Limit, Case Dismissed

Reviews

Thumbs down Guard 5 Times over Drink Limit, Case Dismissed

She ran a light and nearly caused a crash and was found to be 5 times over the drink driving limit...yet the charge was dismissed on a technicality over the caution!
    She was convicted of dangerous driving and fined 300€ and will be subject to internal disciplinary action, Possibly banned from driving a squad car for a while.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crim...-against-garda

To me the only surprise is that her buddies arrested her in the first instance. One wonders were there other 'issues'!

Interestingly the DPP surely could have used, but did not -

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-31144959.html

No doubt such this Supreme Court ruling will be used in alleged brothel cases, if the mood takes them and I have no doubt no Guard will ever be prosecuted under our forthcoming Sex Worker Hating Laws!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

bollocks (12-06-15), rubberlover (12-06-15), The dirt bird (12-06-15)

Reviews

they do look after their own, we live in a very corrupt and unfair society

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oh Kevin For This Useful Post:

steve6304 (12-06-15), The dirt bird (12-06-15)

Its not what you know but who you know, friends in the right places will work wonders, corruption is everywhere and it pisses me off, perhaps we should all join in !!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve6304 For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (12-06-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Kevin View Post
    they do look after their own, we live in a very corrupt and unfair society
    this country is right up at the top for corruption.

Westside.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (12-06-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    this country is right up at the top for corruption.

Westside.
    Try Zimbabwe.
    And we wouldn't even be close to the top in Europe.
    You'll find some right doozies in Eastern, South Eastern Europe and Italy , if you look for them.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Try Zimbabwe.
    And we wouldn't even be close to the top in Europe.
    You'll find some right doozies in Eastern, South Eastern Europe and Italy , if you look for them.
    And Greece where they paid bonuses for civil servents that use to come into work on time and not collect tax !!!

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

The Greeks are under some pressure (and especially their government).The IMF has for the moment walked away from the table and the Greeks need continued outside funding to meet their debt repayments and pay their teachers , nurses , police etc..Leaving the Euro would probably worsen the situation for ordinary Greeks too without massive debt write offs for the country.
    A situation we were in a few years ago.We were in the Euro and were propped up.

Reviews

Why is anyone surprised with this. She obviously pissed someone off and this was payback, as they normally sort this out hush hush.

I recall many years ago coming across a woman who had crashed into railings near our office. She had almost crashed into me. She was pissed and incoherent. Keep saying her husband was a detective. Garda were called by another person who say what happened, reg of car given etc and in minutes it was like a murder scene. Cop cars, Vans marked and unmarked arrived. I had just been in a local bar had had a few drinks consumed and a cop mentioned something about me taking a breathalyser test. I said no problem, but on condition the driver car was also done , in front of me. Next thing I was told to go away. Told him I was taking his number etc just in case I was pulled over after I left scene. I was about 10 mins from my apartment. Got home without any problem. Strange that........