Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finger nails on guys

Reviews

Question Finger nails on guys

As a guitarist I'm afflicted with the curse of callouses on the finger tips of my left hand. They tend to vary in thickness depending on how much I gig and they require a certain level of maintenance. Occasionally I go through spells of classical guitar study, whether for various musical acts or just revisiting an age old love affair. The thing with classical guitar is you need to grow the nails on your picking hand ( my right hand) and they also become high maintenance ... As I'm sure the ladies here can all attest to. It's not very manly and can often result in odd looks when somebody in a social situation notices the carefully manicured nails I sometimes sport on one hand and always try to hide.

My question ( yes there was a point ) is what do ladies think of this? Is it something that you'd notice or does not it matter as long as the hands are clean? Is it something that might be noticed but refrained from being commented on?
    Last edited by Jiberjabber; 18-09-14 at 20:33. Reason: What? Yes, what!

Default Nails

Its the finger with no nail is what the ladies notice.

Reviews

My fingernails are fine......Missing a couple of toenails though, on both my big toes.

I don't know if the ladies notice or not.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    That answers that question so, thanks.

Note to self: keep socks on in future.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Klittyliker For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    I suggest:

http://dublinnails.com/treatments.html#male - great place.

I'm o.c.d, and squeamish, i believe men should look after themselves too...
    Thank Sophie. It's something I've considered but only when I'm growing the left hand nails. However that's when I also become self conscious so it becomes a kind of catch 22. I generally do take good care of my hands and feed, file and buff the nails as needed. I'm curious to know what they can do with 'cuticle work' as it's something that I've recently picked up on the importance of. I use an oil on them, not convinced of it's efficacy though.

when you say you're squeamish do you mean with guys and their grotty fingers or just in general?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bellewstown View Post
    i'm not missing any toe nails , and if i was , i'd go to the doctor.
    Oh, do they do toe nail transplants now then?? I'll call my Doctor first thing in the morning.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Klittyliker For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-09-14)

Reviews

They do , call 9am in the morning,
    LOL............I'm going to look like a right eejit aren't I????

Reviews

if your a guitarist , ur always goin have this problem , unless u tape up ur left hand while playing but then again the crowd won't be happy?
    I'm fine as long as there's a guitar sat in my lap or hanging from my neck, that's when I don't feel the need to explain myself. It's more of a situational problem, or concern. Think of it from the perspective of when you go to visit one of the E-I ladies. What I'm trying to ascertain is if most ladies would automatically know why I might have girly looking nails on one hand. Or would most of them thing ' oh shit, we gotta another weirdo here'. Also your picking hand would usually be your dominant hand, the one you use to touch most. You can hardly hide that from a woman.
    Last edited by Jiberjabber; 18-09-14 at 21:12. Reason: Some day I'll post something longer than 10 syllables which I don't have to edit.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    I'm fine as long as there's a guitar sat in my lap or hanging from my neck, that's when I don't feel the need to explain myself. It's more of a situational problem, or concern. Think of it from the perspective of when you go to visit one of the E-I ladies. What I'm trying to ascertain is if most ladies would automatically know why I might have girly looking nails on one hand. Or would most of them thing ' oh shit, we gotta another weirdo here'. Also your picking hand would usually be your dominant hand, the one you use to touch most. You can hardly hide that from a woman.

heres an idea, burn your classical guitar and get an electric

toothbrush instead

12. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (19-09-14)

I keep mine nice and short.

They come in handy when i'm peckish
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (19-09-14), willieh (19-09-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast