Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: car service

Reviews

Default car service

hi lads and ladies what do you think i got this letter from the main VW car dealer where i bought my car i bought the car new 5 years ago but because the main dealer was so expensive for the maintenance i get the same job done with another guy for less than half the price...anyway i know my timing belt is due a change at 120km ..but because my car is 5 years old the main dealers sent me a scary letter ... saying that even though my cars kilometers are still low my timeing belt should be automatically changed regardless of the miles ....are they taking the piss or what you think?

Reviews

I haven't changed my timing belt in nine years, but I tend to only drive short distances at a time.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I haven't changed my timing belt in nine years, but I tend to only drive short distances at a time.
    i know what you mean and i know the timing belt service is a very important service...i do a lot of driving around in this car of mine i only got a full service done in august and everything was fine i am not a hard driver anyways...but i have at least 50000 more kilometers before its due a timing belt change...the main dealer seems to pissed of in this letter that i don't go to him anyway

Reviews

It's recommended at 5 years no matter what the mileage is ...just to be safe,I would get it done cause if timing belt fails your looking at big bucks to get sorted.... As in engine fecked !

Blog Entries

just get it done, even posting it here has got you thinking about it, it'll ease the pressure. I have heard of to many horror stories of timing belts going then having to replace the entire engine as a result.

Blog Entries

Yes definitely needs changed as it's one of the most important parts of the whole mechanism and eventually the engine will blow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i know what you mean and i know the timing belt service is a very important service...i do a lot of driving around in this car of mine i only got a full service done in august and everything was fine i am not a hard driver anyways...but i have at least 50000 more kilometers before its due a timing belt change...the main dealer seems to pissed of in this letter that i don't go to him anyway
    don't worry to much about that, it's just an automated thing. He'll be loving you when you show up to spend the cash, after that though he'll go back to hating you

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MR-LOVA View Post
    It's recommended at 5 years no matter what the mileage is ...just to be safe,I would get it done cause if timing belt fails your looking at big bucks to get sorted.... As in engine fecked !
    thats true it is big bucks if it goes thats true ...i just thought the fact that the car hasen't done the 120km...the belt shouldn't really be ready for change as it hasen't done the recommended milege..maybe i should book it in pretty soon then cheers

Reviews

You dont have to go to a main dealer to get it done had a laguna and dealer wanted 800 euro to change it got it done for 400 at local mechanic.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    don't worry to much about that, it's just an automated thing. He'll be loving you when you show up to spend the cash, after that though he'll go back to hating you
    oh he can kiss my lily white arse i wont be getting it done with him at his prices oh no bloody way i could punt for a month on what that bugger charges...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast