Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Chambers' word of the day

Arrow Lucy Chambers' word of the day

Lucy Chambers' command of the English language continues to flounder me. I have a dictionary by my side every time I come on here so I can work out what the fawk some of these complex words mean.

So, I have come up with an idea; how about you, Lucy Chambers, come into this here thread, post some word which nobody knows the meaning of and explain it to us?

How about we make it a regular thing? It could be like "drop one, keep one" only better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buzz For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-02-11)

If not, then to salvage the thread I'm gonna post a video of this delicious goth girl with huge knockers and her "Japanese Word Of The Week". Her videos can make for good wanking material

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buzz For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-02-11), samlad (09-02-11)

Lucy does that to be a bit "dramatic" and make you remember what she says more. Why use a complicated/rare word when an easy/everyday one will do?

I've seen that Japanese-speaking girl on Rudetube, I dont really like her. She's a bit annoying and fake and a little... fat in her face. She looks like a goth, and japanophile. >_> I MUCH prefer this girl who can actually teach you things and is actually interesting/good:

Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 09-02-11 at 03:14.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Lucy does that to be a bit "dramatic" and make you remember what she says more. Why use a complicated/rare word when an easy/everyday one will do?
    Because quite often the complicated/rare word more appropriately expresses what you're trying to say.
    Besides, using simplified easy/everyday words all the time is dull and lacks any real character.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChiefHandker For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (09-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Because quite often the complicated/rare word more appropriately expresses what you're trying to say.
    Besides, using simplified easy/everyday words all the time is dull and lacks any real character.
    Yeah but too much all the time is unnecessary and distracting. Constantly thinking about words doesn't help rational thinking.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Lucy Chambers' command of the English language continues to flounder me. I have a dictionary by my side every time I come on here so I can work out what the fawk some of these complex words mean.

So, I have come up with an idea; how about you, Lucy Chambers, come into this here thread, post some word which nobody knows the meaning of and explain it to us?

How about we make it a regular thing? It could be like "drop one, keep one" only better.
    Flounder? Did you mean fluster?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post

I've seen that Japanese-speaking girl on Rudetube, I dont really like her. She's a bit annoying and fake and a little... fat in her face. She looks like a goth, and japanophile. >_> I MUCH prefer this girl who can actually teach you things and is actually interesting/good:

Word for NGAN

Irascible morbid poppycock
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

samlad (09-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I love language. My favourite word is serendipity but its a bitch to slip that one in to general conversation. Glad you approve Buzz darling, your late night posts rather amuse me too

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Flounder? Did you mean fluster?
    Flummox I think

Blog Entries
    Reviews

the word i most associate with our dear luce is ..........kerfuffle...
    a thousand kisses deep..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast