Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What could be wrong?

Default What could be wrong?

Can anyone tell what could be wrong with my laptop?
    It s pretty new,got it just 2 months ago.

When i open new page,or click on the link,it shows it loads it,but than page kinda freeze,than it s like blank,then if i give it a tap once,all page appears straight away.......

It did not do it before.

Memory isn't full,and seems i have not got virus too,and my broadband is pretty good,it s a modem......

Any idea why it does the freezing stuff?
    It looks like it holds back for a sec,and if i tap once,content appears
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

Reviews

Reminds me of a television I once had. I used to have to give it a good slap and it would be alright.

I'm not sure why your lapdop freezes. Maybe restart it when that happens. But when it freezes press ctrl alt and escape to bring up task manager. Then press end task and restart your computer.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Or.... you could hit it realy hard and warn it not to do it again....
    It worked on me as a kid... and look at the way i turned out...

4. Default

It could be a very minor problem, possible solution is to reinstall Internet explorer. Also you could try download Mozilla Fire Fox which can also be used for surfing the web. This browser may not incur the same problem. The download is free. Drop me a pm if you need any more help.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annasavicha View Post
    Can anyone tell what could be wrong with my laptop?
    It s pretty new,got it just 2 months ago.

When i open new page,or click on the link,it shows it loads it,but than page kinda freeze,than it s like blank,then if i give it a tap once,all page appears straight away.......

It did not do it before.

Memory isn't full,and seems i have not got virus too,and my broadband is pretty good,it s a modem......

Any idea why it does the freezing stuff?
    It looks like it holds back for a sec,and if i tap once,content appears
    Is it on all webpages or just on some

It could be ads on the website which are coming from a different server and the page is hanging for a couple of moments while it loads the ads from a slower server.

If you are not already using firefox install it now then go to tools then add-ons then go to get add-ons search for adblock install that as an add-on this will allow you to block ads and banners etc on sites and if that is slowing you down will fix that problem.

Other than that you could check your broadband connection to make sure you are not dropping packets
    Go to start then run then type cmd then return
    Black box type ping -t Google or the name of the website that is slow hit return it will continue sending small packets to that site let it run for a couple of minutes to see the results press ctrl and break keys

It will tell you whether you are dropping packets

Presume it windows

If none of that works it could also be scripting on the webpages like Java or flash again with Firefox install the Noscript add-on this will block all scripting on websites unless you allow it you can choose to allow for specific websites all the time or temporarily allow for a visit next visit it will ask again
    Last edited by Stewie; 12-02-09 at 19:33.

Default If i was a computorman

YouTube - Midge Ure - If I Was [stereo]

Any pc shops open?
    Westside.

Default Jesus would you believe this fuckin idiot ....................

actually made it big time in music?If i was?If i could bloody well sing it should be called.Notice he doesnt say if i was a pop star?Oh no,none of that.Would be too bloody obvious wouldnt it?Look at the head on him?I bet he read how to cut his own hair in the local papers and what a dancer.Now i dont know if i can dance or not but i havnt being thrown out of nightclubs so im assumong i can but will you look at that fuckin idiot?Like in school or as a child?Remember when the bum gets itchy?Now ,hey just reach down and scratch whereas back then?you be like that goofy moron,twisting and turning.Fuckin idiot,he looks like someone after stepping on super glue outside the dentist.Hope he never looks in the window of Ann Summers.If he sang on a bridge ppl would take his money off him.And Vienna...................it means nothing to me.......it means nothing to me...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Vienna.Yeah i know the fuckin feeling well.

jesus,
    Westside.

Default If i was a sailor..............

look at that part .Wow such hand movement.A penis dream.If i was a sailor and the hand woooooooow lovely fagothy fluent movement.And if i was a writer and he takes the pen or brush or whatever he is on about (i have the sound off not thats its much fuckin good to me anyway) and shows us all he is a writer.Great stuff.Its the kind of thing i have planned to do when my doctor tells me i have a week to live.And he has his flashing coat with him.Yeah flashing at old women,bet the ladoooooooooo loves him.He probably has his autograph tatood on his scrotum.I can imagine it now.Outside a church on Sunday in his long coat,"it means nothing to meeeeeeeeeeee,it means nothing to mmmmmeeeeeeeeee woooooooooooooooow look at that girl and off he runs.

i seriously regret being a pop star.

Hello ladies and Gentlemen and Welcome to the show.We will kick off tonights show with a very speicial guest.He brushed off controversy,modding and sailing to be here with us tonight.Please give it up for Westiber with "if i was an arsehole"

I never realised it was so simple,
    Westside.

Reviews

You can try a few things Anna, firstly clear out you web browser, temporary files and cookies etc.
    Then get yourself a proper Internet security package, i like www.kaspersky.com You can download a free months trial if you want, let it scan your pc for virus's, malware and spyware which it will do all in one go, but when you have done all that i suspect you will still have a problem as it sounds to me like you have a physical problem with your pc, be it a loose connection between your modem and laptop or some other internal part, software doesn't have moving parts so hitting it shouldn't fix it, if hitting it fixes it then it's hardware!!
    Also if you have AVG installed get rid of it, some guys love it but i consider it a holey condom, you think your protected but your not really!!

Forgot to add, what Stewie said is probably correct, packet loss if one of the most common causes of a internet connection to freeze and this is very common with wireless broadband connections i.e 3g modem, ripwave or breeze connections, that is why i mention a bad connection with your 3g modem or a faulty modem?? Can you get a lend of a different one to see if it is the cause??
    Last edited by anon361; 12-02-09 at 20:16. Reason: fix one of many typo's ;(

Default Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    You can try a few things Anna, firstly clear out you web browser, temporary files and cookies etc.

I had a prob with my pc and someone suggested this.I swept all the webs around the house,threw out any files and notes i didnt need and ate all the biscuits and still the problem persisted.

id get knocked down on my way to do the lotto ffs,
    Westside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast