Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review not appearing

Default Review not appearing

This is for the mods:

I put through a review of Sandra in Limerick a couple of days ago and it still has not appeared. Can you check this out please?

Regards,

Hman

Default Hello, is there anyone home?????

Any chance of letting me what the story is with my review??

Cheers

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Any chance of letting me what the story is with my review??

Cheers
    There has been many a thread on this very subject and pretty much the same outcome, the review system is quirky at best so if your review hasn't appeared at this stage it ain't going to, your only option is to re submit but remember to write it in word then copy and paste because most of the reviews that disappear are ones the author took a long time to write!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    There has been many a thread on this very subject and pretty much the same outcome, the review system is quirky at best so if your review hasn't appeared at this stage it ain't going to, your only option is to re submit but remember to write it in word then copy and paste because most of the reviews that disappear are ones the author took a long time to write!!
    I would give the same advice, but for a slightly different reason. Your review can still get lost, even if you paste it in the form at lightning speed. I'm about to make my fifth attempt to post one particular review even though I've just pasted it in each time. For me the real advantage of anon's advice is not so much that your review is less likely to disappear as that you don't have to retype the thing if it does.

Regarding your not getting a reply, that happens. I've advocated several times already a system where reviewers can see that their reviews are in the queue. Not only would it be better for us, it would also reduce work on nbt answering "where's my review?" pm's, of which I have already sent him two just today.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

NBT, as per my previous post and also El Gordos, a review system with review numbers listed, statuses etc. would make everyone happier and leave you more time to invent hairdos for Jedward...more gel please...

Reviews

EI powers that be,

I too would be in favour of a review systen that would show reviews pending.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Lightbulb

Karin had a nice idea, that you could check a box saying that you wanted email or pm alerts about your review's status. I've been meaning to pm Patricia with this idea, but didn't get around to it yet.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

Default In fairness..........

I don't think NBT has been here for a day or 2 so this may explain things.........

I'm sure he deserves a few days off now and again...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I don't think NBT has been here for a day or 2 so this may explain things.........

I'm sure he deserves a few days off now and again...........
    This is not to do with NBT. He provides an excellent service for us punters.

It is a simple change in the programme that would show reviews pending. Mr Fussy can FO as there are no reviews against his name.

Give NBT the support he has repeatedly requested.

Keep the review system appropriate to those who punt.
    Last edited by T100; 13-11-09 at 23:46.

Blog Entries

Default It may not have appeared.............

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    This is not to do with NBT. He provides an excellent service for us punters.

It is a simple change in the programme that would show reviews pending. Mr Fussy can FO as there are no reviews against his name.

Give NBT the support he has repeatedly requested.

Keep the review system appropriate to those who punt.
    Because NBT wasn't here to put it up.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast