Thread: Automatic logoff

Default Automatic logoff

Why does this site automatically log you off after a short period of inactivity?

Its frustrating when looking at new posts, as, once you've been logged off - POUF! - They're gone!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by david2666 View Post
    Why does this site automatically log you off after a short period of inactivity?

Its frustrating when looking at new posts, as, once you've been logged off - POUF! - They're gone!
    Tick the remember me box and it won't log you off.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Default To late Rover........

He's logged off............

But good advice..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Well, not such good advice! I don't tick the remember me box as a security precaution. I would like to remain logged in until I choose to log out, however.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by david2666 View Post
    I would like to remain logged in until I choose to log out, however.
    Surely that's exactly what the remember me box does. You choose to log out when you've finished, and do so.

Blog Entries

Default Yes, you're quite correct Rover..........

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Surely that's exactly what the remember me box does. You choose to log out when you've finished, and do so.
    It keeps you logged in till you actually log out, and not time out........ I don't think it remembers you forever...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default Logging off

Ok, thanks, I will try that.

Reviews

When you tick the remember me box the site places a cookie in your explorer temp files, this stays there untill either you delete it of physically click log out. If your worried about security or if your pc is not safe best clean out your history after each session anyway, close IE if thats what you use, click on start then right click on Internet explorer and select Internet properties, then in the middle you will see Browsing history and a delete option click it and now either select what you want to delete or if you are unsure click the delete all.

Thanks anon. I use Chrome incognito, seems quite good.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    When you tick the remember me box the site places a cookie in your explorer temp files, this stays there untill either you delete it of physically click log out. If your worried about security or if your pc is not safe best clean out your history after each session anyway, close IE if thats what you use, click on start then right click on Internet explorer and select Internet properties, then in the middle you will see Browsing history and a delete option click it and now either select what you want to delete or if you are unsure click the delete all.
    I do that every time anon, I also delete 3 items on the Norton security - mainly the record of sites visited in the last 48 hours, I also go into Taskerbar and start menu and 'clear all'. I've nothing to hide.