Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks - MasterCard, Visa & Government Control

Reviews

Default WikiLeaks - MasterCard, Visa & Government Control

This is perhaps a very topical area of late regarding the decision of MasterCard, Visa and PayPal to terminate WikiLeaks accounts, and indeed the control certain governments have over international payments with the influence they can put on companies.

The problem is of course as we become more dependent on this cashless society, will governments exercise even more control on who receives or does not receive our donation.

We may not agree with every organisation that receives donations, but providing it is legal,
    is it not up to us rather than the governments to decide?

Just a short discussion to get the braincells going.

If you wanted to make a donation to the KKK mastercard, visa and paypal can accomodate you, if you want to make a donation to wikileaks they'll not allow that.

Something's fucked up about that.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy NI View Post
    If you wanted to make a donation to the KKK mastercard, visa and paypal can accomodate you, if you want to make a donation to wikileaks they'll not allow that.

Something's fucked up about that.
    Which begs the question, are some governments exercising too much control over our finances,
    And will increase as we develop more fully into a cash-less society?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    This is perhaps a very topical area of late regarding the decision of MasterCard, Visa and PayPal to terminate WikiLeaks accounts, and indeed the control certain governments have over international payments with the influence they can put on companies.

The problem is of course as we become more dependent on this cashless society, will governments exercise even more control on who receives or does not receive our donation.

We may not agree with every organisation that receives donations, but providing it is legal,

it's totally wrong that any Government who claim to be for free speech try and attack an organisation such as Wikileaks by cutting off it finances. The US don't seem to realise that they caused this mess by letting one of their army employees to copy all this data and give it to Wikileaks. All Wikileaks are doing is publishing the data given to them, it's funny how the US Govt aren't going after the newspapers that also have the info.

I have even seen videos of broadcasters on Fox News calling for the head of Julian Assange by any means necessary, even as far as getting the CIA or Special Forces to shoot him.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    I have even seen videos of broadcasters on Fox News calling for the head of Julian Assange by any means necessary, even as far as getting the CIA or Special Forces to shoot him.
    Why does that not surprise me? Anybody who watches that scumbag station should be shot.

Personally I believe the CIA is muscling in on anything to do with Wikileaks, and is using strong arm tactics.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Blog Entries

I did some binge reading several years before the financial meltdown because I had grown uncomfortable with the thought that people were being brainwashed, and were becoming conformist; the 'housing bubble', though it wasn't being called a 'housing bubble' then, and easy availability of credit made me very uneasing-'something is wrong' I kept telling myself, and so I did my own research and development about the matter: I kept on running into the idea of totalarism, no matter what the political persuasion of the articles' or 'bokks' authors were. Totalarism is the future, and how we get there remains unseen, but we're going there; maybe we're already there
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 10-12-10 at 13:48.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    Why does that not surprise me? Anybody who watches that scumbag station should be shot.

Personally I believe the CIA is muscling in on anything to do with Wikileaks, and is using strong arm tactics.
    have a read of THIS

also, video from article below

Blog Entries

Congressman Ron Paul stands up for Wikileaks, I hope you're listening Fox News

Blog Entries

We are being controlled too much with everything

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Congressman Ron Paul stands up for Wikileaks, I hope you're listening Fox News

And his son is a 'posterboy' for the Tea Party

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast