Thread: GAA national game?

Reviews

Default GAA national game?

Just watching Antrim making a valliant effort against Tyrone and was wondering will it be long till we see some eastern Europeans taking up the game? They account for a good percentage of the population now.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha funny thread , I hope it was said tongue in cheek intentionaly, sorry if not.
    You have to be Irish for sure to take GA football seriously , as regards hurling , well a modecom of regard there I suppose.

Reviews

It should be quite hilarious listening to Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh trying to get his tongue around some of those Polish names........" and at left corner back for Kerry today is Patrycjusz SZCZEPAŃSKI. His father Tomislaw was a bespoke tailer from Ciechocinek and his mothers's people, the Kowalczyks were dairy farmers in Bydgoszcz for many generations. I'll hand you over now to Tadeusz Adamczyk who is pitch side with Kerry manager Boleslaw Kościuszko."

Reviews

Talking

Very tongue in cheek!! If the PSNI have a Gaelic football team the poles, the checzs etc may as well field a couple of teams as well.

Reviews

The o'haipins are part figian,they play for cork and i heard that some african youngsters play in youth teams in dublin.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    Just watching Antrim making a valliant effort against Tyrone and was wondering will it be long till we see some eastern Europeans taking up the game? They account for a good percentage of the population now.
    Definitely u are going to see foreign nationals coming through the system but it will take a few years as the large influx of immigrants only came in
    the last few years, the children of these people will not be of an age to be seen on the national stage for a good few years yet but the clubs particularly
    in the cities are embracing them seeing them as they see them as a good source of extra players. The kids that are born here and grow up here are
    the ones that may make the grade as they will be coached from an early age whereas older kids introduced to the game at a later stage may find it
    difficult to pick up the skills to perform at the very highest level particularly with hurling. Many clubs are holding open days etc to encourage the kids
    and alot of parents like the family orientated structure of the gaa so they are proving to be very successful
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero