Thread: The One that Got Away

Reviews

Default The One that Got Away

Anyone remember the details for a lady they wish they'd booked but didn't, and now is no longer advertising ?

Nataly for me . Shudda bloody gone and saw her while she was around a few weeks ago .... now I'm kicking myself.
    Last edited by Banjo; 15-02-11 at 21:13. Reason: Spelt her name wrong.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

This is kind of a sad story. There was one lady I had chatted to often in the chatroom, here and on the site I can't name. I had wanted to see her for a while, but somehow her visits to Dublin were never when it was convenient for me to see her. Then she announced that she was retiring, and Dublin wasn't on her schedule. Her last stop was Kerry. So I decided what the hell, I would make an appointment, fly to Kerry, see her, and fly back the same day. I made the appointment, bought the tickets, flew to Kerry, went to the hotel, and arrived just in time to witness her getting thrown out. There wasn't enought time before my flight back to find a different hotel, and she was somewhat shaken by her recent experience, so we went for a coffee and a pastry, and I flew back to Dublin. I'm glad I met her, but with the tickets it was easily the most expensive cup of coffee I've ever had.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Banjo (15-02-11), Derry lad (16-02-11), Morpheus (15-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    This is kind of a sad story. There was one lady I had chatted to often in the chatroom, here and on the site I can't name. I had wanted to see her for a while, but somehow her visits to Dublin were never when it was convenient for me to see her. Then she announced that she was retiring, and Dublin wasn't on her schedule. Her last stop was Kerry. So I decided what the hell, I would make an appointment, fly to Kerry, see her, and fly back the same day. I made the appointment, bought the tickets, flew to Kerry, went to the hotel, and arrived just in time to witness her getting thrown out. There wasn't enought time before my flight back to find a different hotel, and she was somewhat shaken by her recent experience, so we went for a coffee and a pastry, and I flew back to Dublin. I'm glad I met her, but with the tickets it was easily the most expensive cup of coffee I've ever had.
    Oh dear.... what a pitty...
    My future husband, Richard sais hello to the forum...

Reviews

Sad ?? God mate I think that's a lovely story.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Sad ?? God mate I think that's a lovely story.
    Lovely as in you took care of her in a stressful time like.

Reviews

At least you done something nice for her after she was thrown out of the hotel. I'm sure she appreciated that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolbox For This Useful Post:

Derry lad (16-02-11)