Thread: The end of "Monday Night Madness"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default The end of "Monday Night Madness"

Monday Night Madness is to end in Ballybunion
    This was an innitative by the publicans to decorate a town centre with urine and vomit every monday night
    Up to 3000 young people used to attend with buses laid on all over munster
    Add a few boyracers to the mix and plenty of roaring and shouting at all hours of
    the morning and all other types of Anti-Social behaviour.
    It was pure hell for the residents of the town the mess they faced every Monday morning
    In recent times there has been huge pressure brought to bear by locals, because needless
    to say the publicans were slow to relenquish their cash cow.
    Im sure the Gardai wont be too upset its coming to an end either
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Monday Night Madness is to end in Ballybunion
    This was an innitative by the publicans to decorate a town centre with urine and vomit every monday night
    Up to 3000 young people used to attend with buses laid on all over munster
    Add a few boyracers to the mix and plenty of roaring and shouting at all hours of
    the morning and all other types of Anti-Social behaviour.
    It was pure hell for the residents of the town the mess they faced every Monday morning
    In recent times there has been huge pressure brought to bear by locals, because needless
    to say the publicans were slow to relenquish their cash cow.
    Im sure the Gardai wont be too upset its coming to an end either
    The publicans won't be happy about this...they will be losing a lot of cash because of this but in fairness its the locals and county/town council that have to deal with the mess that is left behind.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Read today that the publicans welcomed it cos the hassle wasnt worth it...tse yeah right..

Reviews

I remember the era of off-licences. They were few and far between. Some
    bars would have another door where you could score a 6-pack of Harp or Guinness before closing time.
    However, a few years back the courts and Gardai decided inadvertainly to flood the market with alcohol.
    A petrol station near me has a large off-licence as part of it which stocks a large range
    of intoxicating liquor.

My point is the face of drink-dealing is changing. Drink drive laws, tobacco bans and dear drink
    has put off drinkers from visiting bars-it is an industry in decline. Alcohol is
    as popular as ever, but Aldi, Dunnes and others are moving most of the merchandise.
    The very courts that sanction this peculiar substance have to deal with the very evident social problems
    it causes, week after week.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    I remember the era of off-licences. They were few and far between. Some
    bars would have another door where you could score a 6-pack of Harp or Guinness before closing time.
    However, a few years back the courts and Gardai decided inadvertainly to flood the market with alcohol.
    A petrol station near me has a large off-licence as part of it which stocks a large range
    of intoxicating liquor.

My point is the face of drink-dealing is changing. Drink drive laws, tobacco bans and dear drink
    has put off drinkers from visiting bars-it is an industry in decline. Alcohol is
    as popular as ever, but Aldi, Dunnes and others are moving most of the merchandise.
    The very courts that sanction this peculiar substance have to deal with the very evident social problems
    it causes, week after week.
    Have to agree with u,its crazy to sell a tray of a dozen cans for €20 it means alot of people could afford to sit down and
    drink the lot every night of the week. Might sound great but the implications are huge. I know lots of people constantly have cans in fridge. Sur we have one when we come home waiting for dinner and have a few watching TV and sur when our mates call
    we head to the fridge again. We dont get drunk but we are drinking heavily
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Have to agree with u,its crazy to sell a tray of a dozen cans for €20 it means alot of people could afford to sit down and
    drink the lot every night of the week. Might sound great but the implications are huge. I know lots of people constantly have cans in fridge. Sur we have one when we come home waiting for dinner and have a few watching TV and sur when our mates call
    we head to the fridge again. We dont get drunk but we are drinking heavily
    The cheaper they sell it the more they shift....were a nation of drinkers its in our dna.....we can't help it.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    The cheaper they sell it the more they shift....were a nation of drinkers its in our dna.....we can't help it.
    Exactly my point, if that slab of beer was taxed to double that price it still wouldnt be costing too
    much to prohibit responsible drinking
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

The off licences caused the drink problem. It wasnt too bad before they came along but like you said you can buy a tray of drink now for f'all.

Westside.