Thread: Anyone watching channel 4?

Reviews

Default Anyone watching channel 4?

A WI lady`s guide to brothels is on i just switched it on its 2 biddies going around to brothels and trying to legalise them its nearly over but you might be able to catch it on channel 4+1
    Heres the link
    http://www.channel4.com/health/micro...els/index.html
    Last edited by kieree; 03-08-08 at 22:35.
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Blog Entries

I saw this and found it interested enough.

It was two ladies from the Hampshire branch of the Women Institute. They think prostitution should be legalised for the safety and wellbeing of prostitutes and their clients in the UK, and are approaching this from a pretty sensible standpoint IMHO.

They travelled to Amsterdam, Nevada and New Zealand to see how legal prostitution works in those countries. They weren't impressed with Amsterdam or Nevada, but found New Zealand had got good systems in place. This was the interesting part for me, because I too believe we need to change the laws, but we have to get it right.

Default Change the laws???

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I saw this and found it interested enough.

It was two ladies from the Hampshire branch of the Women Institute. They think prostitution should be legalised for the safety and wellbeing of prostitutes and their clients in the UK, and are approaching this from a pretty sensible standpoint IMHO.

They travelled to Amsterdam, Nevada and New Zealand to see how legal prostitution works in those countries. They weren't impressed with Amsterdam or Nevada, but found New Zealand had got good systems in place. This was the interesting part for me, because I too believe we need to change the laws, but we have to get it right.
    Not going to happen because it doesnt suit the ppl that run the industry to change them.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    Last edited by westside; 04-08-08 at 11:10. Reason: Forgot to put in thr full stop needed to capture the essence of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Not going to happen because it doesnt suit the ppl that run the industry to change them.
    Why would it not suit the reputable movers and shakers in the Industry, is that not like a Vintner wanting to work under 1930’s US prohibition laws, forever skulking around gin joints and suffering from mob intervention, that doesn’t make sense to me for them to want that. Pimps, traffickers and low lifes yes but why would a reputable business in this field want that ??????

If bubble gum and Marmite were outlawed tomorrow, demand would skyrocket and criminal elements would be the first to seize the opportunity, the blanket of illegality only serves to provide the dampness for the poisonous fungus inherent in this arena to thrive, lift the blanket and all can bask in the rays of free choice.

Hats off to those Institute Lady’s, did not see it, but read about it, they grasped the bull by the horns and looked at things in a practical light, accepted that it exists and want to find a way to make it work without all the misery that is forced on a lot of people because of the legal situation, laws are supposed to aid all, not contribute to peoples problems. The Women’s Institute you would assume would take a rather disdainful and anti legalization stance on this, it just goes to show how wrong you can be about people and that attitudes do change over time from some of the unlikeliest of directions.

Reviews

Wink Wrong Turn ..........

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    Eh ............... it isn't actually the people who "run" the Industry who decide the law.

Paws
    Gone ........... and forgotten?