Thread: Just watched this scene - hint "5 dolla"

Blog Entries

Default Just watched this scene - hint "5 dolla"

I just watched the below scene as Full Metal Jacket is on the TV at the moment. I remember as a kid when I first saw it on video and was like, WOOOOOOO you can pick women up on the street and pay them for sex, from then on I think I have always have had fond memories of it.

But when watching it now, I noticed the the prostitute was coughing and Joker mentions that half the Vietnamese prostitutes have TB and it got me wondering if this was a paid for "plant" in the movie to discourage cinema goes from availing of prostitutes, you know the way that James Bond wears an Omega watches?

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    I just watched the below scene as Full Metal Jacket is on the TV at the moment. I remember as a kid when I first saw it on video and was like, WOOOOOOO you can pick women up on the street and pay them for sex, from then on I think I have always have had fond memories of it.

But when watching it now, I noticed the the prostitute was coughing and Joker mentions that half the Vietnamese prostitutes have TB and it got me wondering if this was a paid for "plant" in the movie to discourage cinema goes from availing of prostitutes, you know the way that James Bond wears an Omega watches?
    I think that line was added intentionally for sure but on one end of the scale given the context of the era with 500.000 US soldiers in country and with the fact that in any war, the combatants and civilians in range of the war inhibitions become far less then in peacetime then that level of illness probably not to far wide of the mark but I think the real reason they made a point of adding that is because I once saw a documentary about the US militarys input on any US made war film that needs a lot of military hardware to make the film, they have quite a strong say on the storyline of any film they give hardware to use, for example they did not like the concept of a breakdown in the chain of command in Crimsom Tide set on a nuclear sub and was not the film that the producers first intended and the brass got their way so I dare say they had an input in adding a std or health in general message to full metal jacket, hence that line.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 16-03-11 at 01:39.

Blog Entries

QPH, nice to see you haven't lost your style.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    QPH, nice to see you haven't lost your style.
    Hello Violette, I see you have not lost your.... er... whips n stuff

Love your blogs, very entertaining and turn of phrase, keep em coming (and a few more blogs to )
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 16-03-11 at 02:11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Hello Violette, I see you have not lost your.... er... whips n stuff
    No, never. If any thing I have added some new toys.

❤❤❤❤

No, never. If any thing I have added some new toys.
    Well if your in Dublin for gods sake dont plug any in today, If you and Fi FI power up at the same time I dont think our grand little countries infrastucture can handle it
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 16-03-11 at 02:18.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Well if your in Dublin for gods sake dont plug any in today, If you and Fi FI power up at the same time I dont think our grand little countries infrastucture can handle it
    It isn't the infrastructure I would be worried about, it would be the poor souls nether regions that would be the focus of concern.

❤❤❤❤

It isn't the infrastructure I would be worried about, it would be the poor souls nether regions that would be the focus of concern.
    Thats what I like about you babe, always an eye to your slaves well being give em hell