Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man arrested over Bradford prostitute murders

Natasha Guest

Default Man arrested over Bradford prostitute murders

The fact that they were prostitutes is irrelevant. They were some body's daughters, somebody's mothers.If they worked as a hairdresser would they have that as the headlines... I know they have to say they were working girls in order to warn other's of what is happening, but to have prostitutes found as the head lines is irrelevant...
    Last edited by Natasha; 27-05-10 at 11:29.

Blog Entries

I was just having that exact conversation, well said Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    The fact that they were prostitutes is irrelevant. They were some body's daughters, somebody's mothers.If they worked as a hairdresser would they have that as the head lines... I know they have to say they were working girls in order to warn other's of what is happening, but to have prostitutes found as the head lines is irrelevant...

Reviews

They have to realise that this type of sensationalist headlines is wearing very thin with this generation, sorry if I'm being thoughtless but eventually anybody that enjoys this type of headline will have died off and they are going to have to change their attitudes or go out of business; if that doesn't happen sooner.
    We wouldn't be so lucky that the news sector suffers a similar meltdown to the banks and there would be no government queueing up to bail them out

Natasha Guest

It just show's how narrow minded these people are to put headlines like that... small minded people with no consideration for other's, Their families are suffering enough, no need to be disrespectful.
    Last edited by Natasha; 27-05-10 at 11:35.

I don't know, I think if these girls all were hairdressers they might have that as part of the headlines.... "the hairdresser murders". People would wonder why these hairdressers were murdered.... did someone get a bad haircut and was taking it out on other haidressers or something.... As long as it connects the murders together (and therefore probably from the same person) I don't see it as being so bad that that it's mentioned that they're prostitutes.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I don't know, I think if these girls all were hairdressers they might have that as part of the headlines.... "the hairdresser murders". People would wonder why these hairdressers were murdered.... did someone get a bad haircut and was taking it out on other haidressers or something.... As long as it connects the murders together (and therefore probably from the same person) I don't see it as being so bad that that it's mentioned that they're prostitutes.
    Dont be an idiot, do you honestly believe if they were hairdresser's they would have it in a headline

My apologies first if i sound disrespectful , i dont mean to be.But if you had for example a sister or auntie that worked as a "prostitute" you might feel a little bit different if it came up in the news headlines .I feel they didnt have to be specific in reporting her occupation in their headlines , thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Natasha Guest

The media knows how sensitive this subject is! How would you feel if it was one of your Daughter's Mother or Sister?
    I think it is a bloody disgrace, it infuriates me .

Reviews

The press in general are low life and have sold their souls long ago - it's all about selling papers and there is nothing they won't stoop to - if it sells a paper they will print it and sod anyones feelings.

Don't buy these rags.

It's at times like these I find myself wishing there was capital punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Dont be an idiot, do you honestly believe if they were hairdresser's they would have it in a headline
    Of course they would anon361.... are you being sarcastic or something??? A distinguishing, clear-as-daylight trait that links all the murders together, and you think they wouldn't have that in the headlines?

As for the other posts: personally I don't understand that as I can't put myself in the heads of a person that would think that prostitution was embarassing or in any way less good or less glamourous than another employment whatsoever.... so that concept is lost on me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast