Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You lot make me sick

Reviews

Default You lot make me sick

I 'm probably over reacting but then I was always a good-bad, black or white, happy or sad kinda
    person.Tonight I'm sad for many reasons but none moreso than the post on scumbags.
    How do you define a scumbag? By the clothes he/she wears, by their behaviour or by the experience you may have had with these people.I can certainly understand the last reason but not the first two.These people are at the very margins of society, they are bedeviled by all the social ills that contribute to their standing in society - being the very bottom.
    Yet people here who are very well off (as evidenced by their spending of large sums of money on
    satisfying their sexual desires) see fit to castigate these people with a holier than thou attitude.
    If those of us who have alot just gave a little to those who have less, then maybe, these people would not be "on the outskirts of town"Shame on all of us.
    Dam

2. Default

i go by behaviour and experiences with them. i have friends who dress in tracksuits and hoodies regularly and come from disadvantaged areas but are some of the best people one could know. i discriminate based on how they dress or where they come from, just things that people do. but i see what ur sayin dam

Reviews

poverty does not make one a scumbag its behaviour and i have seen a lot of scumbag behaviour not to shed a tear for these pondlife so stop making excuses for them

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by damron View Post
    I 'm probably over reacting but then I was always a good-bad, black or white, happy or sad kinda
    person.Tonight I'm sad for many reasons but none moreso than the post on scumbags.
    How do you define a scumbag? By the clothes he/she wears, by their behaviour or by the experience you may have had with these people.I can certainly understand the last reason but not the first two.These people are at the very margins of society, they are bedeviled by all the social ills that contribute to their standing in society - being the very bottom.
    Yet people here who are very well off (as evidenced by their spending of large sums of money on
    satisfying their sexual desires) see fit to castigate these people with a holier than thou attitude.
    If those of us who have alot just gave a little to those who have less, then maybe, these people would not be "on the outskirts of town"Shame on all of us.
    Dam
    I agree 100% with this and get realy anoyed by people who judge people by how they dress or were there from and its this attitude that infact make people want to do something so they deserve the ladel you put on them.... In anyways the scumbags in the suits from the posh areas have done more damage to this country than any little scumbag thats simply drinkin a few cans in the field ever posibly could.

I was also against calling public drinkers and the like "scumbags" as I think it's a harsh term. I think maybe the topic creator there was especially annoyed at some especially ill-behaved and obnoxious people. I don't think he was being elitist against people who dress fairly casual a lot and the likes though.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 10-06-09 at 21:37.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by damron View Post
    Dam
    I use to think like that once, but I couldn't give a fuck now. Just put it down to ignorance and forget about it.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

: Its not what you wear or where you come from, how disadvantaged or deprived you were, everybody over the age of 10 knows right from wrong. Some people just don't give a shit. They don't respect themselves or anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy 69 View Post
    I agree 100% with this and get realy anoyed by people who judge people by how they dress or were there from and its this attitude that infact make people want to do something so they deserve the ladel you put on them.... In anyways the scumbags in the suits from the posh areas have done more damage to this country than any little scumbag thats simply drinkin a few cans in the field ever posibly could.
    I know... people shouldnt judge by the clothes. For example, today I went to the green market and there was a stand selling bee products, so I walked up to the stand and about 5 people all at once told me "You are in the right place! You belong here with your bright yellow shirt!" Im thinking wtf! I wore a bright yellow cashmere sweater and want to buy some honey, and now everyone is looking at my yellow shirt! About 20 bystanders. I decided to not react and just ignore them. Im sure they wanted a reaction, a laugh, a something... I gave them fuck all.... just asked to sample the honey.
    Bunch of tossers the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    I use to think like that once, but I couldn't give a fuck now. Just put it down to ignorance and forget about it.
    I like wearing a designer piece with a piece of shit piece of clothing. Puts me in my place A nice balance of high class and couldnt-care-less

Reviews

Default Dotty, how art thou ?

My favourite, out of state, non-national, non ginger- minged, Irish girl, how the fuck are ya' ?
    You float my boat Dotty & I want to tongue your man in the boat.
    All hail the Dotty !
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast