Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Orient....... Fascinating food.

Blog Entries

Default From the Orient....... Fascinating food.

Now I was snooping around moaning as always and being generally fuckin miserable when I saw thai chilli rice crackers. So I bought a packet. Now they were supposed to be real spicy. So I took one and put it in my mouth and waited. And waited and waited and nothing. No spice or anything so I took half the packet and put that in my mouth and yep some spicy flavour. Just bare with me now plz. so im around the same place and I see Wasabi Peas. A lovely Oriental spicy dish. So I buy a packet and ah nope. I saw this before so I took a handful and put then into my mouth. A mili second later I couldnt tell my mouth from my arsehole. I reckon if you stuck a pipe up my hole I could have inflated tyres with the pressure. Luckily I had a can of red bull and was able to quench some of the fire. My point is I have no point really. I tell you one thing though ,these things a cons. Nothing more. I mean Wasabi peas? From the long winding valleys of Malaysia. FFS try the long winding streets of London ffs. All it is is peas dipped in English mustard.

Whatever,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 08-02-15 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Now I was snooping around moaning as always and being generally fuckin miserable when I saw thai chilli rice crackers. So I bought a packet. Now they were supposed to be real spicy. So I took one and put it in my mouth and waited. And waited and waited and nothing. No spice or anything so I took half the packet and put that in my mouth and yep some spicy flavour. Just bare with me now plz. so im around the same place and I see Wasabi Peas. A lovely Oriental spicy dish. So I buy a packet and ah nope. I saw this before so I took a handful and put then into my mouth. A mili second later I couldnt tell my mouth from my arsehole. I reckon if you stuck a pipe up my hole I could have inflated tyres with the pressure. Luckily I had a can of red bull and was able to quench some of the fire. My point is I have no point really. I tell you one thing though ,these things a cons. Nothing more. I mean Wasabi peas? From the long winding valleys of Malaysia. FFS try the long winding streets of London ffs. All it is is peas dipped in English mustard.

Whatever,
    Westside.
    beats the Jumbo Breakfast Rolls eh!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hunterhilman For This Useful Post:

SteveB (08-02-15)

Reviews

It has clearly upset your system and given you verbal diarrhea.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

tom sand (11-02-15)

Reviews

Whatever,
    Westside.
    It's can be difficult to get authentic Asian food here. Most restaurants tone down the heat and spice to suit the irish palate.
    There are some very good Asian markets about, however, and if you browse around them you will find plenty of excellent sauces and pastes that will blow your back doors out if that is your thing!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoseyourdaddy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (08-02-15), SteveB (08-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    It's can be difficult to get authentic Asian food here. Most restaurants tone down the heat and spice to suit the irish palate.
    The only real Asian country I can speak for is China having travelled there a few times and around several provinces, and that much is definitely true.

You can find exceptions sometimes though, I remember when I lived in Glasgow, a friend (a Chinese one that is) showed me to a restaurant that was pretty much exactly like going into one in Beijing/Shanghai. You'd know it too, since it was only Chinese people that were actually there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

whoseyourdaddy (08-02-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    It has clearly upset your system and given you verbal diarrhea.
    Thats a sort of contradiction isnt it based on your intelligent feedback. Sort of telling someone to stop farting while your picking your nose.

Westside.

It's actually horseradish!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick104 View Post
    No it isnt.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick104 View Post
    No it isnt.

Westside.
    Actually you're both right :

"Wasabi, is a plant, member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes cabbages, horseradish, and mustard. It is also called Japanese horseradish, although horseradish is a different plant. " -- Wikipedia
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

whoseyourdaddy (10-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Actually you're both right :

"Wasabi, is a plant, member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes cabbages, horseradish, and mustard. It is also called Japanese horseradish, although horseradish is a different plant. " -- Wikipedia
    If I could, I'd change my user name to 'Johnny Wasabi'... a ruthless yakuza crime boss who met his match in a cool, blonde American femme fatale

16. The Following User Says Thank You to whoseyourdaddy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (10-02-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast