Thread: Do ppl of Eastern countries really live longer than their Western counterparts

Blog Entries

Default Do ppl of Eastern countries really live longer than their Western counterparts

or are we just seeing the extreme?

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    or are we just seeing the extreme?

Westside.
    Maybe its that they dont die as quickly
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Due to better diets than ourselves they tend to have a healthier lifestyle than us...we seem to be following the trends in the US and other western countries....are waistlines are getting bigger.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

I have several Eastern-European friends and I must say that not one of them is overweight.

During conversations with them, they have said that (as aml has pointed out) their diets are much better and they exercise reguarly by playing sports, something I think is lacking on this side of the continent.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I have several Eastern-European friends and I must say that not one of them is overweight.

During conversations with them, they have said that (as aml has pointed out) their diets are much better and they exercise reguarly by playing sports, something I think is lacking on this side of the continent.
    Exactly my thoughts,you never see an overweight eastern european much but thats what happens when you become a first world..ya tend to live beyond your means.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Due to better diets than ourselves they tend to have a healthier lifestyle than us...we seem to be following the trends in the US and other western countries....are waistlines are getting bigger.

I believe this is true as well. I'd seen a documentary about Vitamin B-17, and read-up on some of their claims afterwards, and came across this information:

Learn the truth about the cure and prevention of cancers and more

Vitamin B-17 is said to be a natural cancer preventative, and it's found in many types of foods, usually in grasses and seeds. The trouble is, that as Western diets have more and more processed foods in them, natural sources of Vitamin B-17 have nearly completely disappeared from the Western diet. The documentary I saw explained how several cultures across the world that still live in their 'traditional' lifestyles and diets have a near ZERO occurance of cancer among them, and it's not uncommon for some people to live to over 100 years old. Take a look at the link and do some of your own research gents, you'll find some interesting stuff out there!

Reviews

I assume you mean Eastern as in Japan, Korea, Thailand etc.

Life expectancy stats:

United Nations Statistics Division - Demographic and Social Statistics

Male Female
    Western Europe/Nth America
    Iceland 81 84
    Sweden 80 84
    Canada 79 84
    France 79 85
    Italy 79 85
    Germany 78 83
    Ireland 78 83

Orient
    China & HK 80 86
    Japan 80 87
    Korea (Sth) 77 83
    Thailand 67 73
    Cambodia 61 65

Eastern/Central Europe
    Czech Rep 74 80
    Poland 72 80
    Bulgaria 71 78
    Romania 70 77
    Lithuania 67 78
    Russia 62 74

Overall, the developed West comes out on top, I think, but developed Oriental countries like China and Korea hold their own. Less developed Orients like Cambodia or Laos do less well. Eastern Europe is generally lagging both.

I'm guessing that when infant mortality is discounted all countries except the most f-ed up will generally be a lot closer together, though. Lots of 2yr olds dying really brings down the average.

I have the same perception - that there are a lot of really old Japanese and Chinese people. Rice diet and Bhuddist meditation and all that.

(Afghanistan 45 Male 45 Women
    They could do with a rice diet and Bhuddist meditation. At least it's about the only place the men don't get a raw deal life-expectancy-wise.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BootSlick55 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (16-07-10)