Thread: Helping ppl????????

Blog Entries

Default Helping ppl????????

I wrote a post on here before about helping ppl out and saying that having dealt with a few unappreciative gobshites that i wasnt helping ppl anymore unless absolutely necessary and guess what? I kept my word and the sky hasnt fallen down and nothing has changed.My reason was that anytime my head was in a hard place i never got help.Now i never ask and alot of ppl who know me would say he doesnt need it and will be fine but its still nice to get.

Anyway ever say something and mean it and something happens to change it all? You might see or read something and think "i will help whoever and it doesnt matter the outcome"?

I got an email this evening from a guy i know in the US who survived leukemia and was given last rites a few times. He is writing a book to help others to beat it and has three ppl reviewing it before it goes to print. A business guy who will remain nameless and another guy who can only be described as incredible as he beat cancer not once but twice and the third person he picked was me which was an honor considering i lost both parents to it.

Anyway i read something in the book, a little story and it really brought back to me why you should just help ppl if they need it.

A man fell into a hole and couldnt get out and a doctor walked by and the man called for help. The doctor wrote a prescription , threw it into the hole and walked away.

A priest walked by and the man called for help and the priest wrote out a prayer ,threw it in the hole and walked away.

A guy walks by and the guy in the hole shouts help and the guy jumps into the hole. The guy in the hole said "are you crazy?" and the other guy said nope but i've being in this hole before and know how to get out.

this got me thinking suppose one of these ppl that i wouldnt help in future are in a hole that i have being in and know how to get out of?

Just a thought,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-07-10 at 16:05.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

poggo (19-07-10), stickytoffee10 (19-07-10)

Reviews

Once upon a time, there was this little bird living in Ireland. Now, unlike all the other little birds who migrate south for the winter, he had left it a little late. So when he took to the skies, it was already getting very cold. As he was flying over Mullingar, the temperature started to drop suddenly and as his wings started to freeze up, he was forced to take refuge on the ground. The ground was however frozen solid and he could find no food or shelter and gradually started to fade away from hypothermia.

As he lay on the frozen ground, a passing cow (no Mullingar heifer jokes please) not noticing the still bird, decided to take a dump where he lay in the field. In no time, the little bird was covered in cow dung. The warm dung started to revive the little bird and as heat started to reenter his body, he started to chirp and sing in happiness. A passing cat hearing the bird sound emanating from the cow dung decided to investigate. Slowly the cat pawed at the dung, until she located the source of the sound and then promptly ate the little bird.

This modern fable has three important lessons:

1. Somebody who gets you into the shit is not necessarily your enemy.

2. Somebody who gets you out of the shit is not necessarily your friend.

3. And if you're warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your f**king mouth shut.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Once upon a time, there was this little bird living in Ireland. Now, unlike all the other little birds who migrate south for the winter, he had left it a little late. So when he took to the skies, it was already getting very cold. As he was flying over Mullingar, the temperature started to drop suddenly and as his wings started to freeze up, he was forced to take refuge on the ground. The ground was however frozen solid and he could find no food or shelter and gradually started to fade away from hypothermia.

As he lay on the frozen ground, a passing cow (no Mullingar heifer jokes please) not noticing the still bird, decided to take a dump where he lay in the field. In no time, the little bird was covered in cow dung. The warm dung started to revive the little bird and as heat started to reenter his body, he started to chirp and sing in happiness. A passing cat hearing the bird sound emanating from the cow dung decided to investigate. Slowly the cat pawed at the dung, until she located the source of the sound and then promptly ate the little bird.

This modern fable has three important lessons:

1. Somebody who gets you into the shit is not necessarily your enemy.

2. Somebody who gets you out of the shit is not necessarily your friend.

3. And if you're warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your f**king mouth shut.

pmsl...I knew that benny would eat anything...

Poggo........
    Some PPL mistake an attempt at reconciliation, as a personal attack or insult......

Reviews

That Jesus fella said to treat others as you yourself want to be treated. I know the guy's been dead for centuries but still...

That Kant fella said to act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law. I know the guy's been dead for centuries but still...

Or Dawkins says that altruism is just self-interest taking the long view. Especially if the one you help is female, tall, blonde and has big tits.

Food for thought.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    That Jesus fella said to treat others as you yourself want to be treated. I know the guy's been dead for centuries but still...

That Kant fella said to act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law. I know the guy's been dead for centuries but still...

Or Dawkins says that altruism is just self-interest taking the long view. Especially if the one you help is female, tall, blonde and has big tits.

Food for thought.
    While its a fine saying there is a line between being there to help ppl and being a doormat.

Westside.