Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hetro or Homo ? 2 Questions.

Reviews

Default Hetro or Homo ? 2 Questions.

First I'm going to start with an assumption that the majority (i.e. 51% or more) of people are hetrosexual. Anyone want to argue with that ?

Assuming no arguments so far ....

1. Do you think that being homosexual is a choice or is it something else ?

2. If you think it's something else, what is the else ? What is it that makes someone be homosexual ?

Reviews

maybe its a challenge to life ,a challenge set by life itself maybe?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    First I'm going to start with an assumption that the majority (i.e. 51% or more) of people are hetrosexual. Anyone want to argue with that ?

2. If you think it's something else, what is the else ? What is it that makes someone be homosexual ?
    It is not a choice. You just are or arent. Do people choose to be straight?

Reviews

Whats the story Banjo, ya plannin on publishing something in the psych journals?? Think Alfred Kinsey might've beat ya there.

Champion assumption at the beginning there, lent a nice scholarly tone to the whole thing.

(I'm just pulling yer leg!!!)
    Bada Bing!!!

I'm 100% heterosexual BUT I have been in situations (of a sexual nature) with bi guys and ladies and again with gay guys and ladies at parties I have attended, I made it clear from the start I was not interested in any sort of contact with the Bi or Gay guys but I wouldn't freak out if accidental contact was made. Bi is not my thing but I would never knock anyone who was.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

I'm not trying to knock anyone or anything like that. I'm trying to understand those of a persuasion other than mine.

I am straight and have a few friends (and colleagues indeed) who are not. I find it much easier to talk to or be in the company of some of them than others. I do find there are some who appear to see it as a fashion statement and are far more inclined to show off the fact that they're not straight and be quiet in your face about it.

Personally I've no feelings one way or the other towards a person because of the fact they might be gay, straight or in between. But since I'm straight I just wanted to see if I could understand why I'm straight, and not gay/bi.

I'm thinking this might be something like a man wondering what it's like to be a woman. Understanding can go so far but then it stops because to understand any more you'd have to be a woman. And therein is the great divide.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Whats the story Banjo, ya plannin on publishing something in the psych journals??
    Nah .... I'm just using the boards here to ask questions I wouldn't ask in real life. I don't know if there is a field for this but I do hold a certain curiosity and interest in exploring/understanding people who are not me or are not like me. I find it fascinating .... and a welcome distraction from all that which is necessary in life like going to work, doing the dishes, walking the dog, brushing my teeth etc. etc. etc. ............

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (09-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

When you're 16: it's a choice.

When you're older: it's nature.
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

I think a person's socioeconomic place in society can have something to do with whether or not they decide to be homosexual; a man from a lower economic background might look at being homosexual as a way of reaching a better social station

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

Blonde Alexa (08-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I think a person's socioeconomic place in society can have something to do with whether or not they decide to be homosexual; a man from a lower economic background might look at being homosexual as a way of reaching a better social station
    Oooh - get you !

Surely you can't be covering more than .1% of homosexual men with that theory?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast