Thread: Landmark Supreme Court Decision with Huge Implications

Reviews

Default Landmark Supreme Court Decision with Huge Implications

AND IT'S VERY BAD!

Though not specifically related to the Swedish model, The Supreme Court in its infinite wisdom has just ruled that the pigz can no even deliberately ignore your constitutional rights (talk about a blueshirt police state) in gathering evidence in a suspected crime investigation!
    This has 2 huge implications for us when the Swedish model cums in -
    1 it means much less effort for the pigz to gain convictions against us
    2 if our SC is made up of Gobshites of this calibre, we have fuck all chance of getting such a law deemed as it is, unconstitutional (it's very much so, in reality!), so The European Court of Human Rights will have to be visited in the long run!

I can actually think of no area in the 'criminality' sphere, which such a ruling is more suited to destroying peoples' constitutional rights than with respect to our hobby/profession!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...ials-1.2177451
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Petros (16-04-15), simon2280 (16-04-15)

Reviews

It's slowly becoming a police state rights are slowly been taken away

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

simon2280 (16-04-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Par for the Course in The Rolling back of "Private Life" Rights. "!984 Syndrome" I call it. and No One Person can Do anything to Change This Reality. As if we did not already Know, We are a one Religion Morality Focused Society and therefore not Bound by Internationally Agreed Human Rights in our Laws. This will only be Replaced eventually by Islamic Focused Morality as the Irish Mind Set already suits it. If you want an example, Look at the Growing number of Irish born women marrying Islamic men and dressing accordingly. So Get used to the sight of people being "Criminalised" for their "Anti-Social" Intimate Activities

Reviews

Yes I totally agree going back slowly to church and state controll with the gardai going around with the authority to walk all over people's civil liberties . People would want to sit up and look around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

Petros (16-04-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    Yes I totally agree going back slowly to church and state controll with the gardai going around with the authority to walk all over people's civil liberties . People would want to sit up and look around.
    I agree! Such moves could have far more serious implications for citizens than the likes of water charges — but they don't realise this and it will be to late when they do!
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————