Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was I picked out to ba made an example of?

Reviews

Default Was I picked out to ba made an example of?

I recently posted in a foreign language an rightly got chastised for it (within a very short timeframe) but one of the reasons I done it was because I had noticed several other posts had gone under the radar using a language other than English, maybe there was a new crackdown on that rule I thought so I took it on the chin but since then I have seen 4 other posts using a foreign language, one completely foreign yet no editing was dine by the managers nor any post added to chastise or warn the poster, are the mangers doing their job or was I just mad an example of to put me back in my box

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I recently posted in a foreign language an rightly got chastised for it (within a very short timeframe) but one of the reasons I done it was because I had noticed several other posts had gone under the radar using a language other than English, maybe there was a new crackdown on that rule I thought so I took it on the chin but since then I have seen 4 other posts using a foreign language, one completely foreign yet no editing was dine by the managers nor any post added to chastise or warn the poster, are the mangers doing their job or was I just mad an example of to put me back in my box
    If there have been posts missed then they should be reported using the report post button. The managers are not on the site 24 by 7, so we do have to reply on others at times reporting them, including the moderators.

You were not just made an example of, if these posts are pointed out , we will act on them.
    If you can point me in the right direction where they are I will deal with it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    If there have been posts missed then they should be reported using the report post button. The managers are not on the site 24 by 7, so we do have to reply on others at times reporting them, including the moderators.

You were not just made an example of, if these posts are pointed out , we will act on them.
    If you can point me in the right direction where they are I will deal with it.
    Not my job, if a person is being abusive or breaking a major rule or intentionally being malicious of course I will report it but not running to the managers with every little rule infraction I see, I just found it curious not one of the foreign language misdemeanours were acted on
    I thought it was the managers job to scan the whole forum to check for possible issues?

Its just a case of inconsistent refereeing Anon , same happened to me couple of days back , -- maybe warnings/points were given
    by pm that you are obviously uninformed of.
    Having said that, in my estimation the moderating of late has been the most sensible for a long time.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGayBennett View Post
    Its just a case of inconsistent refereeing Anon , same happened to me couple of days back , -- maybe warnings/points were given
    by pm that you are obviously uninformed of.
    Having said that, in my estimation the moderating of late has been the most sensible for a long time.
    Apart from this issue I would totally agree, moderation has been the best it's been especially now the mangers seem to have settled in nicely.

Blog Entries

So what your saying is you deliberately posted in foreign language to see if you would be warned over it after seeing a few other similar ones go through the radar?

common ffs,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    So what your saying is you deliberately posted in foreign language to see if you would be warned over it after seeing a few other similar ones go through the radar?

common ffs,
    Westside.
    West, please read my post again, I achnowledged I was wrong, I said why I done it but that's still no excuse but what I am saying is where is the consistency or was there something special about my post that was different to the ones that followed, maybe it's because my was Spanish and Jackie particularly dislikes that language

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Westsidex (06-09-10)

Blog Entries

I am only speaking personally now, but me... I am just looking for an excuse to infract you Anon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

Westsidex (06-09-10)

Not my job, if a person is being abusive or breaking a major rule or intentionally being malicious of course I will report it but not running to the managers with every little rule infraction I see, I just found it curious not one of the foreign language misdemeanours were acted on
    I thought it was the managers job to scan the whole forum to check for possible issues?
    If you report it, the managers will see this. We dont spend 24/7 on the forum, so it is physically impossible to keep up with every post on everythread when we are not online. The moderators are there at other times, but there are bound to be times when things are missed.

I do not like the insinuation that I have singled anything or anyone out, this is absolutely not true.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I am only speaking personally now, but me... I am just looking for an excuse to infract you Anon!
    Promises promises, soon you are going to make good on one or else you might loose me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast