Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock prices?

1. Default Stock prices?

The thread on House prices sparked an old question I had...

Any idea what sort of price the shares in BOI or AIB will bottom at? I'm still kicking myself that I couldn't buy any when boi reached e0.12.

Any top tips from those of you that might know traders?

J

Reviews

My favourite quote on trading:

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful” - Warren Buffett

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    If you get any then you're probably better off doing the opposite. Traders don't have a good track record recently.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    If you get any then you're probably better off doing the opposite. Traders don't have a good track record recently.
    Traders don't have a good track record period.

Lots of evidence that doing the opposite to what they advise will yield superior results.

As regards bank shares specifically, there is so little solid information that anyone offering advice on these shares is a fool. Take a punt by all means, but don't kid yourself that it is based on more science than a punt at the bookies.

Good luck whatever you decide
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Much has been researched & written on this - Contrarian Investing

Reviews

I think its a buyers market at the moment if you can afford to risk it. But I personally wouldn't invest in banks just yet too risky.

Blog Entries

Any idea what sort of price the shares in BOI or AIB will bottom at? I'm still kicking myself that I couldn't buy any when boi reached e0.12.

J
    somewhere around 0.00, wooooo hooooo nationalisation!!!!

prepare to loose your pants

there r lots of short term gains if u have the nerve, but really yr money is safer in shoe boxes under the bed

Reviews

Off topic I know and too lazy to Google but Paddii wtf does thi8s mean Pas de lieu rhone que nous?

Blog Entries

J
    Not a Trader, and don't know any, but you have to think that Standard & Poor is going to downgrade all Irish banks' share prices close to when the government has to make payment on its Sovereign Debt, Wall St. wants it to default and what better way to help it along is to downgrade some of the shares the government owns. BOI just got downgraded to BBB, a notch or two before 'junk' status, so wait til it hits 'junk' status, and then buy because the government won't default, and the share price will increase. Now, I'd be interested in AIB more than BOI, AIB has a lot of outside interests and friends in high places. Whatever you do study how often the downgrades occur, and find out when the government debt payments are-BUY, BUY, BUY-AIB
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 10-10-10 at 23:13.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

dub1 (10-10-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast