Thread: Who was United's best number 7, Best, Cantona, Ronaldo...... ?

Reviews

Default Who was United's best number 7, Best, Cantona, Ronaldo...... ?

Ten years ago we lost Bestie, United's best number 7, or is that Robson, Ronaldo, Cantona or Beks?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Newtoallthis For This Useful Post:

thumbles (29-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Defo Georgie Best
    Can you imagine him playing today, he would have a field day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Newtoallthis For This Useful Post:

SophieX (25-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoallthis View Post
    Ten years ago we lost Bestie, United's best number 7, or is that Robson, Ronaldo, Cantona or Beks?
    He was better than them all put together.

Pele was once asked who was the best player ever and he said
    George Best

And remember his career was over at 23

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Newtoallthis (25-11-15), thumbles (29-11-15)

Reviews

Have to be George best he was unique

Reviews

I am going to play Devils Advocate here and say Ronaldo. Best didn't do it for long enough for me and to have
    played at top level in England for 3 or 4 years cant be compared to Ronaldo who has played top level England
    and Spain and won leagues champ league domestic cups and player of year and ballon d;Or with two top clubs
    while also almost on his own taken Portugal to World cup finals and European championship and not forgetting winning 2
    world club finals.
    I am not doubting Best was a genius and I have only seen old tv clips of him on that great Manchester United team .
    He played in an era when it was tough to be a winger as the tackles that I have seen from that time would be described
    today as brutal and straight red cards. He also played on pitches that would not be seen in todays game but saying all that
    I think todays game is way more tactical and harder to play against and Ronaldo has proved himself to be up there with the best.

I think it is hard to compare great players of different era as the game evolves and if you are going to say who was the
    greatest I think you have to look at the players career as a whole and for me Ronaldo has had a far better career at the
    highest level and under severe pressure from the press etc earning millions and he still goes out and proves it on the pitch
    week after week which sadly Best only did for 3 or 4 years. I would also like to finish by saying for me the greatest of them
    all is messi.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Newtoallthis (29-11-15), SophieX (29-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I am going to play Devils Advocate here and say Ronaldo. Best didn't do it for long enough for me and to have
    played at top level in England for 3 or 4 years cant be compared to Ronaldo who has played top level England
    and Spain and won leagues champ league domestic cups and player of year and ballon d;Or with two top clubs
    while also almost on his own taken Portugal to World cup finals and European championship and not forgetting winning 2
    world club finals.
    I am not doubting Best was a genius and I have only seen old tv clips of him on that great Manchester United team .
    He played in an era when it was tough to be a winger as the tackles that I have seen from that time would be described
    today as brutal and straight red cards. He also played on pitches that would not be seen in todays game but saying all that
    I think todays game is way more tactical and harder to play against and Ronaldo has proved himself to be up there with the best.

I think it is hard to compare great players of different era as the game evolves and if you are going to say who was the
    greatest I think you have to look at the players career as a whole and for me Ronaldo has had a far better career at the
    highest level and under severe pressure from the press etc earning millions and he still goes out and proves it on the pitch
    week after week which sadly Best only did for 3 or 4 years. I would also like to finish by saying for me the greatest of them
    all is messi.
    Would love to see Ronaldo back for a year or two before he retires, Cantona was great but was lucky enough to be a season ticket holder in the Ronaldo years, amazing to watch
    The whole Messi vs Ronaldo discussion hmmmm really lucky we can watch both week in week out to have that discussion !!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Newtoallthis For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (29-11-15)

12. Default

Beks haha

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    world club finals.

all is messi.
    In all seriousness though I think this lad nails it on the head

14. Default

Michael Owen.
    Seriously though, never saw best play so o have to say Ronaldo even though we didnt have him at his peak. Still a game changer/winner back then