Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burner / punter phones

Reviews

Default Burner / punter phones

After using my own phone for years I decided to get a designated phone fo punting , I have had s bill paid phone for decades , but not used to pre-pay .
    I buy €10 top with cash , but doesn't seem to last long even with not many calls,( do you have a certain time to use credit ) they want credit card details etc to do a deal ,which defeats the purpose of being discreet , any suggestions ?

Reviews

You must be very chatty! I use a cheap Tesco Mobile PAYG one, topped up with vouchers. I have put a total of £50 on it, for over 40 appointments - a tiny fraction of my costs. It is a UK number so I would expect calls to Irish numbers to be more expensive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ford pefect View Post
    After using my own phone for years I decided to get a designated phone fo punting , I have had s bill paid phone for decades , but not used to pre-pay .
    I buy €10 top with cash , but doesn't seem to last long even with not many calls,( do you have a certain time to use credit ) they want credit card details etc to do a deal ,which defeats the purpose of being discreet , any suggestions ?
    Turn off all the other features on your phone, particularly the internet, mobile data etc. A lot of phones use a push service to keep themselves updated, and this features connects periodically to the internet, which will use credit.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LazarusRisen For This Useful Post:

bollocks (14-04-16), TonyB (14-04-16), Wolverine (14-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    buy an add on / bundle or whatever its called.

I'm sure vodafone do 20 euro a month unlimited calls and texts.... or something along those lines....
    Yeah. They'll want to sign something for the guarantee just make up a name an address. Seen a ready to go smartphone for around 40 quid in a vodafone shop there recently.

Reviews

€20/month vodaphone gives unlimited calls to other vodaphone numbers for the month. You will be charged for calls to other networks but you should get quite a bit out of it if you keep calls short.
    Tesco is probably the most economical, 15 euros gives a large volume of calls and a generous internet allowance for the month, of course some do not like 089.
    Others will probably knoe about other networks or deals.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (14-04-16)

Reviews

thats what i meant...

dont bother with the 089 tesco .....

Why are they the Cavan farmers fav no.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (14-04-16)

Reviews

Indians and Nigerians.... free international calls aren't they or is that Lyca....

oh and rambo is 089.....
    How do you know his is 089

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

His constant calls confirming his undying love for me.
    Poor lad must be stuck

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

12. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (14-04-16)

i use an old phone and top up by fiver when need to, even vodafone phone retail stores do other network credit now but shop and post offices seem to charge a fee on top now,

Reviews

my number is 089 but i'm actually with vodafone,087, maybe thats why the girls are not answering my calls
    Last edited by hadaway; 14-04-16 at 13:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast