Thread: Mind your neighbours.

Reviews

Default Mind your neighbours.

Please spare a thought for your elderly neighbours this Christmas..

With the severe winter weather Ireland is experiencing, it is vitally important that we are all aware of the more vulnerable people in our society. Make sure you call into elderly neighbours to see if they are all right or if they need any supplies. It is important as well, that they have their heating on at suitable levels, as many elderly people would be worried about running up large heating bills.

Even if you only clear the snow from there doorstep please remember during these times they are very often more lonely than ever and would be delighted to get a social visit and have a cup of tea with a neighbour.

It is vital we all watch out for our neighbours and if they are alone please consider inviting them in for Christmas dinner.

My neighbours wife passed away about 5 years ago and we invited him in the first year and every year since.

The kids love him and he great craic with some great tales to share over the bottle of brandy. Christmas day wouldn't be the same without him now.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mr maxi For This Useful Post:

dr love (23-12-10), emmasweet (23-12-10), hd7055 (23-12-10), lovethegirls (22-12-10), Rodney69 (22-12-10), Roisin Dubh (24-12-10), Stella (22-12-10), takemedrunkimhome (23-12-10), westcorklad (22-12-10)

Reviews

Well said Mr. Maxi.
    It's at times like these with all the snow, and Christmas that you either see the best in people or see the worst. You see who the generous and considerate ones are.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

mr maxi (22-12-10)

Reviews

Im quite elderly .... well the tool from Galway says so anyway! Can I forward you a list of 'nurses' from this site that you could send around to provide 'basic attention' during this cold spell?

I agree, look out for your elderly neighbours not just throughout this cold spell but throughout the whole year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seanie dublin For This Useful Post:

mr maxi (23-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by seanie dublin View Post
    I agree, look out for your elderly neighbours not just throughout this cold spell but throughout the whole year.
    Thats so true Seanie. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mr maxi View Post
    Thats so true Seanie. Thanks.
    And thank you maxi very true thread lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mr maxi View Post
    Please spare a thought for your elderly neighbours this Christmas..

With the severe winter weather Ireland is experiencing, it is vitally important that we are all aware of the more vulnerable people in our society. Make sure you call into elderly neighbours to see if they are all right or if they need any supplies. It is important as well, that they have their heating on at suitable levels, as many elderly people would be worried about running up large heating bills.

Even if you only clear the snow from there doorstep please remember during these times they are very often more lonely than ever and would be delighted to get a social visit and have a cup of tea with a neighbour.

It is vital we all watch out for our neighbours and if they are alone please consider inviting them in for Christmas dinner.

My neighbours wife passed away about 5 years ago and we invited him in the first year and every year since.

The kids love him and he great craic with some great tales to share over the bottle of brandy. Christmas day wouldn't be the same without him now.
    Great post and very well said.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96