Thread: Now this Geezer has the right idea!

Default Now this Geezer has the right idea!

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

He's right but also brave, its political suicide usually to state this but he is talking sense and living in the real world and the real world and its laws here and elsewhere is geared however unintentionally to making women less safe.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    He's right but also brave, its political suicide usually to state this but he is talking sense and living in the real world and the real world and its laws here and elsewhere is geared however unintentionally to making women less safe.
    I don't think it's political suicide for him. Sadly it probably would be political suicide for an Irish politician.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I don't think it's political suicide for him. Sadly it probably would be political suicide for an Irish politician.
    True, more so here but depends what type of constituency he represents in UK, just being from UK does now mean he is from a liberal minded area but just got enough votes to become an MEP, might not have made his views known on this when running but I commend him for saying what needs to be looked at by the powers that be.