Thread: Newbie question

Reviews

Question Newbie question

As a newbie here I'd just like to as the question;

A lot of people seem a bit paranoid, cynical and bitter, just an observation, but what happened?? Why does there seem to be a lot of bad blood between ppl?

Maybe people will be happier this year

Reviews

But, you are here over a year which is much longer than most I would have thought. So you are hardly a newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post

A lot of people seem a bit paranoid, cynical and bitter, just an observation, but what happened?? Why does there seem to be a lot of bad blood between ppl?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    But, you are here over a year which is much longer than most I would have thought. So you are hardly a newbie?
    I joined a while back but I only really started posting a few weeks ago so to me I'm a newbie

Reviews

Fair enough, I didn't think of it like that.

I joined a while back but I only really started posting a few weeks ago so to me I'm a newbie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (02-01-11)

Reviews

This place went crazy a while back and lots of both genuine guys and a few trolls got banned, a lot of noses were put out of joint and in retaliation some started to create new profile after new profile with the sole intention of stirring shit. As a rule they would start off nice but the leading questions while they may have seemed harmless were always being orchestrated to end up at the same point, generally to cause as much disruption and as you say, paranoia between the remaining members, hence why a lot of new members aren't really accepted initially especially if they ask any of the old questions or bring up a topic that is known to stir shit such as the one in the Mafia thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (02-01-11)

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    This place went crazy a while back and lots of both genuine guys and a few trolls got banned, a lot of noses were put out of joint and in retaliation some started to create new profile after new profile with the sole intention of stirring shit. As a rule they would start off nice but the leading questions while they may have seemed harmless were always being orchestrated to end up at the same point, generally to cause as much disruption and as you say, paranoia between the remaining members, hence why a lot of new members aren't really accepted initially especially if they ask any of the old questions or bring up a topic that is known to stir shit such as the one in the Mafia thread.
    You get people like that on every set of forums though, people so sad that they need to wind up others.

Best advice I can ever give to forum posters is dont feed the trolls. They're not worth the effort. Just report them to the Admins/Mods and let them deal with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatGuy For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (02-01-11)