Thread: modern marraige and monogamy

Reviews

Love modern marraige and monogamy

when i look at marraige about 50 years ago, it made sense
    a woman would take care of the household and the children.

the man would be expected to earn money to keep his family.
    in return for this, he could enjoy his slippers and pipe and get
    respect from his kids and wife. there was no other model-this
    was the done thing that society expected. it worked.

today, the media, soap operas, the way celebrities live has turned the whole
    thing on its head. man and woman is still the way to procreate, as nature intended,
    but i think the whole thing has become far too precarious. men are avoiding marraige
    and consequently if men have a problem with it, women will too.

what do you think? women welcome!

Reviews

There's a multitude you could write on this topic.

I think primarily the fundamental change has been empowerment of women to choose their own lifestyle rather than accept the status quo. Is that a good thing ? Yes of course it is. And with it comes change on many levels. Most of it is good, but some of it is dodgy. For example the absolute requirement these days for two incomes to run an average home I think is scandalous. But that's what society has chosen for itself.

Men avoiding marriage ..... mmm, dunno about that. Reasons for marriage have definately changed. The traditional family unit is no longer a big driver to marry because men and women have their own money these days and don't need each other for basic support. Though economically if you want to buy a house these days you'll have a hard time going it alone so that's a potential reason.

I think people want to marry for love these days. Silly ey ?! A generation ago it was easier to find a partner because the reasons for having one were different. For him : can she cook, clean and have children ? For her : can he earn, support and shelter us ? The reasons these days are far more complex. Less about practical necessity and more about selfish fulfilment.

So avoiding marriage ? I think it's just not as high on the list of priorities for people any more. And as opposed to either sex avoiding it, I think it's something people are choosing not to do.

Blog Entries

To be honest I really can't see why any man would want to get married. I as a woman, can't see the point for myself. I think most men modern and old fashion don't or didn't want to be married, marriage is a hinderance to their ability to spread their sperm around.

Women on the other hand, really don't need men anymore. We needed them 50-60 years ago, when the societal norm was serfdom in the form of being a slave to your family, your husband, and then your children. Now, in some cases we earn more than men, are becoming more open in our sexuality, and have a social network of friends for support. So, having a man about to clutter up space is really pointless. Plus, if we really want a child, sperm banks are an option. So marriage for women now is more a choice than a necessity, and some of them are choosing to be single.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:

Ad Staff (03-05-11), royaler (03-05-11), TheCelticDream (03-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Women on the other hand, really don't need men anymore.
    Rubbish !! This is just a modern day fashionable thing to say, a sound byte. A more accurate thing to say is that women need men just as much as men need women. In the grand scheme of the universe and everything, life as we know it is pretty pointless already and a sexless society of just women or just men would only make it more pointless.

Sperm banks. How do you expect them to have any stock without men ? So you see - women do need men. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. One generation of women is all that would last if there were no men.

Women don't need men any more ??? Ha, what a joke !

Reviews

women don't take seed from men willy nilly-there has to be
    some pay off for this-so i don't think a single man will enjoy spreading too much
    seed-unless he knows a group of stupid women.

i was rared solely by my mother, lots of love, but i think a male kid needs
    to learn about the male role from a father present in the home.

dealing with a sperm bank? this would be physically possible, but i would
    think there are complex issues to be considered, what would you tell that
    kid about his father or even his mother's inability to relate?

personally, i think feminism has backfired for women and society as a whole.
    men and women are equal-but will never be the same, what would be the
    point of that? there is evidence that Irish society is in crisis due to so many kids
    lacking male input in the family home, schools etc.

Feminism doesn't want men and women to be the same, it wants us to be equal with regards many different things, but especially, to have the choice [I]not[I] to 'take care of the household' etc etc warmcome.

Reviews

Feminism is a load of crap. It fulfilled all its goals back in the Sixties - now you're just all being bitches

i was trying to think of an amusing insult to throw back at you but my brain is dead. The best i could come up with was 'dickwad' which is the lamest insult in the world, sleep time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mioux For This Useful Post:

royaler (03-05-11)

Reviews

Dickwad will do fine