Thread: If I Was A Betting Man -

Reviews

Default If I Was A Betting Man -

My gut instinct on the new law which will be put forward by our minister for The Interior will be that it will be more severe than the Northern one, but more of a victory for ICI than Ruhama! It has been stated that the insane justice committee recommendations of last year were surprisingly very much in tune with Ruhama's submission! If you didn't know better, one would have assumed such proposals were so out of kilter with normal human experience that they could only have been dreamed by nuns serving life in an enclosed order with no contact with the outside world and who perceive sex outside of the missionary position for procreation within marriage as the greatest evil imaginable!
    Our minister for the interior has been tasked with getting the gay marriage referendum passed as a main priority! Though I absolutely support her on that one, I actually believe it will be defeated! She also has some real world experience as a social worker and her husband like the Northern Ireland Minister for Justice (who like Minister Shatter was a rock of sense on this issue!) is a psychiatrist, so surely she must have some small level at least of understanding of the world!
    This to me adds up to the ICI view winning over the Ruhama one and a less severe law than the proposals from last year, but still bad and wide open to constitutional challenge by the new time!
    Interesting, that the person tasked with bringing about full equality for gay people will also put forward a law to attack consenting adults acting in private as well!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    My gut instinct on the new law which will be put forward by our minister for The Interior will be that it will be more severe than the Northern one, but more of a victory for ICI than Ruhama! It has been stated that the insane justice committee recommendations of last year were surprisingly very much in tune with Ruhama's submission! If you didn't know better, one would have assumed such proposals were so out of kilter with normal human experience that they could only have been dreamed by nuns serving life in an enclosed order with no contact with the outside world and who perceive sex outside of the missionary position for procreation within marriage as the greatest evil imaginable!
    Our minister for the interior has been tasked with getting the gay marriage referendum passed as a main priority! Though I absolutely support her on that one, I actually believe it will be defeated! She also has some real world experience as a social worker and her husband like the Northern Ireland Minister for Justice (who like Minister Shatter was a rock of sense on this issue!) is a psychiatrist, so surely she must have some small level at least of understanding of the world!
    This to me adds up to the ICI view winning over the Ruhama one and a less severe law than the proposals from last year, but still bad and wide open to constitutional challenge by the new time!
    Interesting, that the person tasked with bringing about full equality for gay people will also put forward a law to attack consenting adults acting in private as well!
    hardly surprising L; ..only in Ireland! eh?
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. ~Søren Kierkegaard

Reviews

4. Default

Alan Shatter was a very intelligent legal brain and made the justice committee look like the waste of space they were when he addressed them.