Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm 83 and I'm tired!

Reviews

Default I'm 83 and I'm tired!

I'm 83 and I'm tired!

Not my words, but Bill Cosby's.

Here is what he had to say. Do you agree, agree in part or disagree?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	104037

I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired!

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Sharia law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck themselves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm tired. But I'm also glad to be 83... Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in; there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!
    This is your chance to make a difference.

"I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't forward this you are part of the problem."
    Last edited by Rocker123; 28-10-14 at 16:49. Reason: Added Photo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

fin101 (28-10-14), steve6304 (28-10-14), willie wacker (28-10-14)

Reviews

Hey Rocker!!
    I 100% disagree. I could take issue with every single sentence Crosby has written. However, permit me to limit myself to his final sentence. He displays the worst kind of dogmatic fanaticism, that is "agree with me, or you're wrong"!!

What do you think, Rocker?
    Last edited by EIFII; 28-10-14 at 17:03.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (28-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Sorry Rocker, I 100% disagree. I could take issue with every single sentence Crosby has written. However, permit me to limit myself to his final sentence. He displays the worst kind of dogmatic fanaticism, that is "agree with me, or you're wrong"!!
    No need to say sorry to me... I am curious to find out what people thing of his comments irrespective of whether they agree or disagree with him.

Thanks for your reply.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

EIFII (28-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    No need to say sorry to me... I am curious to find out what people thing of his comments irrespective of whether they agree or disagree with him.

Thanks for your reply.
    Fixed that...

Reviews

surprised at this piece of shit. if all drugs weren't sabotaged with illegality in the first place?

I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired!

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Sharia law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck themselves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm tired. But I'm also glad to be 83... Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in; there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!
    This is your chance to make a difference.

"I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't forward this you are part of the problem."
    Last edited by warmcome; 28-10-14 at 17:25.

Reviews

I saw this posted here or somewhere else years ago. So I did a little research that back then and apparently it is bullshit, Bill Cosby didn't write it and he has disowned it completely

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

AmantAmant365 (28-10-14), liffey (28-10-14), Rocker123 (28-10-14), warmcome (28-10-14)

Reviews

Anyway, Bill Cosby isn't 83, he is 77

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (28-10-14)

It was posted on this site in May of last year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The kraut For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (28-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I saw this posted here or somewhere else years ago. So I did a little research that back then and apparently it is bullshit, Bill Cosby didn't write it and he has disowned it completely
    So it joins a long list of quotes that have been misattributed or misreferenced or misquoted.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (28-10-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast