Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teeth Whitening>Does any of it really work if it's not done by a dentist?

English Milly Masseuse Guest

Default Teeth Whitening>Does any of it really work if it's not done by a dentist?

I was at a very well established hairdressers today and I was offered a "new revolutionary teeth whitening" something or other>>>>>>>woosh>>>>straight over my head since I was sold something similar last year from a big compny at a press fair that was total crap as well as being uncomfortable and nasty tasting.

I am not too bothered as a non smoker, but I would try something if recommended by a friend I guess.

Have any of you guys or gals gone for it? Or is it all a big rip off?

B x
    Last edited by English Milly Masseuse; 19-10-10 at 14:07.

Reviews

Several temporary products that involve bleach and a fluorescent light, you do see improvements but nothing astonishing but if you're a tea or coffee drinker the effects wear off pretty quick. I know someone who had wholes drilled into her teeth and then bleached from the inside, worked wonders but couldn't have been good for them..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bustybronte View Post
    I was at a very well established hairdressers today and I was offered a "new revolutionary teeth whitening" something or other>>>>>>>woosh>>>>straight over my head since I was sold something similar last year from a big compny at a press fair that was total crap as well as being uncomfortable and nasty tasting.

I am not too bothered as a non smoker, but I would try something if recommended by a friend I guess.

Have any of you guys or gals gone for it? Or is it all a big rip off?

B x
    Usually the word revolutionary means its crap and a rip off, usually. The way i see this teeth business is this. It doesnt matter what you do if the cause isnt sorted. If someone has decay and is drinking tons of sugary colas then the decay will continue no matter how many fillings the person gets. What i am getting at is if a person is doing something that causes tartar build up then it will continue to produce tartar build up even after getting it sorted. Im not a big fan on doing something with the teeth, if you happy with your teeth i would say let them alone.

cant go wrong with regular brushing,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-10-10 at 14:50.

Reviews

Doesn't work like that west. Guy I know that had it done brushed regular, didn't drink tea or coffee and favourite beverage was still water yet his teeth always looked yellow. Dentist said it was just his natural tooth colour and wasn't a surface stain as such.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Doesn't work like that west. Guy I know that had it done brushed regular, didn't drink tea or coffee and favourite beverage was still water yet his teeth always looked yellow. Dentist said it was just his natural tooth colour and wasn't a surface stain as such.
    That would be rare enough though wouldnt it? I would imagine that alot of problems ppl have with teeth are due to neglect whether its not brushing enough or eating or drinking too much crappy stuff.

maybe not,
    Westside.

Reviews

I've heard that too - that some peoples' teeth are naturally more or less yellow, and any bleaching is just cosmetic. Of course, it probably helps if you look after them as well as you can.

English Milly Masseuse Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Usually the word revolutionary means its crap and a rip off, usually. The way i see this teeth business is this. It doesnt matter what you do if the cause isnt sorted. If someone has decay and is drinking tons of sugary colas then the decay will continue no matter how many fillings the person gets. What i am getting at is if a person is doing something that causes tartar build up then it will continue to produce tartar build up even after getting it sorted. Im not a big fan on doing something with the teeth, if you happy with your teeth i would say let them alone.

cant go wrong with regular brushing,
    Westside.
    Didn't know you were a dentist Westie......

x

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I would like my teeth to be whiter, as I'm not satisfied with the color.

However, that would require me to quit smoking, and for the sake of myself and my immediate environment, I choose not to...
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by robijntje View Post
    I would like my teeth to be whiter, as I'm not satisfied with the color.

However, that would require me to quit smoking, and for the sake of myself and my immediate environment, I choose not to...
    That's why you have a yellow beak... ahh...!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    That would be rare enough though wouldnt it? I would imagine that alot of problems ppl have with teeth are due to neglect whether its not brushing enough or eating or drinking too much crappy stuff.

maybe not,
    Westside.
    Absolutely west, good teeth hygiene is essential in maintaing your teethe natural colour but unfortunately for a lot of people that colour is varying degrees of yellow. So there doesn't neccesarily need to be a root cause..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast