Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings in New Zealand: How the attack unfolded

Reviews

I think the main thing i realised from these events is the problem with apathy and desensitization

Mass shootings happen so often now from all creeds and colours and from everywhere in the world that when
    i first heard about it briefly, i just thought "oh,another mass shooting" and then went on about my day

it took being sent the live stream footage and viewing it for it to have an emotional impact and for me to look up the details

sad but true
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (17-03-19), Wolverine (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DummyResister View Post
    No, I'm not. I'm saying that the OP's presumptuous finger-pointing is the height of bad taste given the subject.

Your issue seems to be that the bigots didn't start a thread that runs counter to their narrative.
    I'm really glad someone else said this. It's a very serious subject and and shouldn't be manipulated to instill more hatred.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    He who barks is seldom heard._._.wise men act in silence ._._peace
    That's why I stopped posting a couple of pages ago. What have we learnt since ? Very little I think.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

something i saw on twitter relating to the role of media in shaping opinion , no wonder newspapers are failing financially .

although they are uk newspapers their " irish " versions follow a similar editorial line
    Last edited by joggon; 17-03-19 at 02:23.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-03-19)

Reviews

The death toll is now 50 , with 39 wounded some critically , I extend to all the victims loved ones my deepest sympathy at this time. The man who did this is a v sick person , there is a picture of a 3 year old boy who he shot in one of the UK papers , it brings reality home .

Not only is what this pathetic man did reprehensible and disgusting as is any terrorist attack on the innocent , the beliefs that propelled him are the stuff of nightmares and he is not alone in this. Full on no holds barred Nazi worship , no more no less.

I owe a few an apology here , DR, Goatboy and Gonzo , wires crossed, I was not getting at them personally, they condemned this atrocious act . I see some further thoughts on the response based on Fatigue type stuff, and maybe the theories put forward have some accuracy , to me I am suitably not surprised at the response .

The front pages posted by Joggon are a good example of how media ferment thought processes , the death of Princess Diana and the media impact on the population in UK is now formally studied , perhaps some should ask who is forming their opinions and attitudes.

There are a few obvious absentees from this thread , in the future if we unfortunately have a terror attack by a Muslim and they start at it I will be all over them in a helpful educating balanced like way .

I find it interesting the prominence to the live streaming and the naughty social media as against the victims/event itself / the man /his disgusting beliefs in the Media , important yes that important to be the Headline main story ?
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 17-03-19 at 06:47.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (17-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    something i saw on twitter relating to the role of media in shaping opinion , no wonder newspapers are failing financially .

although they are uk newspapers their " irish " versions follow a similar editorial line
    And the 3 papers selected are the Mail, the Express and the Sun !! 3 fine examples of journalism of the lowest order.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-03-19), joggon (17-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    And the 3 papers selected are the Mail, the Express and the Sun !! 3 fine examples of journalism of the lowest order.
    And the circulation/readership of those 3 combined Barney !!
    Clubcard stop now

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

joggon (17-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    And the circulation/readership of those 3 combined Barney !!
    Bit like the Brexit voters, they target the lowest common denominator.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-03-19), joggon (17-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Bit like the Brexit voters, they target the lowest common denominator.
    It is funny you say that Barney, I would be interested in a survey of the media consumed by Brexit voters both print and TV . I would perhaps expect a definite trend , but could be wrong .

The increase in violence in UK towards migrants, the Rise of the far Right there in conjunction with it, i saw a report that connections between that Animal in NZ and UK connections being looked at .
    Clubcard stop now

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (17-03-19)

Reviews

Among the victims was a man who had fled the from Syria and felt he was in a safe haven.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/16/a...ims/index.html
    Last edited by Wolverine; 17-03-19 at 13:08.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-03-19), joggon (17-03-19), Stephanie (17-03-19)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast