Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings in New Zealand: How the attack unfolded

Reviews

Default Mass shootings in New Zealand: How the attack unfolded

Mass shootings in New Zealand: How the attack unfolded
    https://news.sky.com/story/mass-shoo...o-far-11665823

One man is charged with murder after police said there had been "multiple fatalities" at two mosques in Christchurch.

At least 49 people have died in mass shootings at two mosques full of people attending Friday prayers in New Zealand.

:: Two mosques in Christchurch were targeted, with the deadliest shooting unfolding at the al Noor mosque in the city centre. The Linwood mosque was also attacked.
    :: New Zealand police commissioner Mike Bush said there were "multiple fatalities" at both locations. He added that a "number of firearms" had been recovered from "both of the scenes". It had been a "very well-planned event", he told reporters.

:: Casualties range from young children to adults and the injuries vary between minor and critical, the Canterbury District Health Board's chief executive, David Meates said. Twelve operating theatres are being used and some people will need multiple operations. He said 87 had been taken to hospital, around 20 had serious injuries, including some "very complex cases" and 12 others were in intensive care while seven are in a surgical area and one in an orthopaedic trauma unit.
    :: A suspect calling himself Brenton Tarrant in social media posts is believed to have written a 74-page manifesto which explains who he is and the reasons for his actions. The gunman live-streamed the attack showing the pictures on social media platforms.

had the victims been white this would be referred to as a terrorist attack and this thread would probably be put up first thing this morning
    Last edited by joggon; 15-03-19 at 23:48.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (16-03-19)

Reviews

I thought it was referred to as a terror attack. It has been discussed on another thread today.

There is a lot of evil in this world in many different forms.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (16-03-19), joggon (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I thought it was referred to as a terror attack. It has been discussed on another thread today.

There is a lot of evil in this world in many different forms.
    thank you Barney , i did look for a dedicated thread on this
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (16-03-19), beautyaddict (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post

One man is charged with murder after police said there had been "multiple fatalities" at two mosques in Christchurch.

At least 49 people have died in mass shootings at two mosques full of people attending Friday prayers in New Zealand.

:: Two mosques in Christchurch were targeted, with the deadliest shooting unfolding at the al Noor mosque in the city centre. The Linwood mosque was also attacked.
    :: New Zealand police commissioner Mike Bush said there were "multiple fatalities" at both locations. He added that a "number of firearms" had been recovered from "both of the scenes". It had been a "very well-planned event", he told reporters.

:: Casualties range from young children to adults and the injuries vary between minor and critical, the Canterbury District Health Board's chief executive, David Meates said. Twelve operating theatres are being used and some people will need multiple operations. He said 87 had been taken to hospital, around 20 had serious injuries, including some "very complex cases" and 12 others were in intensive care while seven are in a surgical area and one in an orthopaedic trauma unit.
    :: A suspect calling himself Brenton Tarrant in social media posts is believed to have written a 74-page manifesto which explains who he is and the reasons for his actions. The gunman live-streamed the attack showing the pictures on social media platforms.

had the victims been white this would be referred to as a terrorist attack and this thread would probably be put up first thing this morning
    How do you know that none of the victims were white and who exactly denies this is a terror attack ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

AverageDublinPunter (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post

So it took till nearly midnight , good for you joggon. I saw this at 4 am decided not to post . waited for the know intrepid reporters on here who are v fast on the draw to post a thread when it is a Muslim terror attack, indeed some of those geniuses posted this in the past only to be proved dumb fucking ass wrong as in the German attack awhile back
    Silence all day . It was a Muslim terror attack, on Muslims , so thats ok then .

This guy is a full on no holds barred Nazi , still no condemnation one or two here aside ? He has killed 49 or maybe more . I cannot decide if some are full blown Islamophobic or just not capable of independent thinking , that they are not able to drown out the Red top media rabble who have so heavily focused on Muslims to the point that and I exaggerate to make the point here the only good Muslim is a dead one frame of mind is developing in parts of society

ISIS are delighted with such a mind set or close to it . Trump owns some of this and there he is at it again. There are over 1 billion Muslims in this world , if they all supported ISIS and such like I think we might just notice that

When the IRA were at their worst or indeed the Shankhill butchers would we have been happy to all be pulling the trigger, holding the buthchers knife as a result of simply being Irish !!! Guilty automatically by Nationality or indeed religion ?

Wake the fuck up use some common sense ISIS are despicable but apply intelligence not blind belligerence . It is reported that these ultra Nazi groups were cheering him on and that they actively search the net for potential sympathizers who they then try to recruit on line , and BTW the rise of the Far Right in the UK is well documented indeed in the deradicalization programs one person stated that there were equal numbers of Muslims and far right candidates they were trying to heal of the hate in them . I v much doubt these far right assholes will be coming to talk with me , however others might seem a more attractive/productive conversation

Let me be clear this Murderer Terrorist in NZ worships the likes of Himmler , enough said.
    I will be v aware that such a post will be less than popular but sometimes the truth hurts . Silence is a communication, it is how Hitler got there , this site remained silent till nearly midnight .
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 16-03-19 at 04:50.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

joggon (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    How do you know that none of the victims were white and who exactly denies this is a terror attack ?
    Were any of the victims white? The target was Muslims, clearly. Or are you going to deny that? Any white victim would have been collateral damage.

The constant dog whistling to these scumbags from the powerful, clearly they feel emboldened to act like this. Couldn't be a clearer validation of the arguments made in the other thread.
    Last edited by gonzo76; 16-03-19 at 08:31.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

joggon (16-03-19)

Reviews

In fairness BA it was yourself that brought up the NZ mass murder in the Shamima Begum thread and I think that it was overwhelmingly condemned by all quarters.

I was about to open a thread when I seen your post so instead I responded to your post instead. Does that mean that I didn't think it was worthy of a thread of its own - does it fuck.

As I said above there is a lot of evil in this world and it comes in many guises. It's not just the radical fundamentalist Muslim. The rise in support for white extremists and the far right is equally as alarming.

And there are other things that suggest a change in people's attitudes.
    Trump getting elected in the US(& all the rhetoric that accompanies him) and the apparent rise in white supremacist groups there & the general decline in race relations.

The Brexit vote, the rise in racially motivated attacks in the aftermath and the general divisions among the British.

The rise of the far right in Europe .
    "Would we ever let something like the Nazi Party happen again here ?"
    "No of course we wouldn't, we're a civilized society now "
    I wouldn't be so sure about that - civilized? Fuck it some haven't moved on from the crusades a thousand years ago.

And it's after been reported that the NZ mass murderer had contacts with extremists in the UK so who knows where or when something like this might happen again.

Anyway sorry for goin on a bit there, you know that I had already rightly condemned the attack already. If it's a crime for not starting a new thread then I am guilty.

But tomorrow I'm hoping that the world's problems don't interfere cos Barney is goin to get a well deserved drink or 20 !!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    In fairness BA it was yourself that brought up the NZ mass murder in the Shamima Begum thread and I think that it was overwhelmingly condemned by all quarters.

I was about to open a thread when I seen your post so instead I responded to your post instead. Does that mean that I didn't think it was worthy of a thread of its own - does it fuck.

As I said above there is a lot of evil in this world and it comes in many guises. It's not just the radical fundamentalist Muslim. The rise in support for white extremists and the far right is equally as alarming.

And there are other things that suggest a change in people's attitudes.
    Trump getting elected in the US(& all the rhetoric that accompanies him) and the apparent rise in white supremacist groups there & the general decline in race relations.

The Brexit vote, the rise in racially motivated attacks in the aftermath and the general divisions among the British.

The rise of the far right in Europe .
    "Would we ever let something like the Nazi Party happen again here ?"
    "No of course we wouldn't, we're a civilized society now "
    I wouldn't be so sure about that - civilized? Fuck it some haven't moved on from the crusades a thousand years ago.

And it's after been reported that the NZ mass murderer had contacts with extremists in the UK so who knows where or when something like this might happen again.

Anyway sorry for goin on a bit there, you know that I had already rightly condemned the attack already. If it's a crime for not starting a new thread then I am guilty.

But tomorrow I'm hoping that the world's problems don't interfere cos Barney is goin to get a well deserved drink or 20 !!
    You make some good points , I first posted a one line on another thread at 14.19 yesterday Barney ??? in the past threads are up at 7 am and getting a full throated response on here if it was a Muslim that was guilty , indeed as I state blamed in the wrong here also.

My point is there give or take a few hours , that story was world wide at 4 am . As to the other thread the attitudes expressed in relation to the death of a 2 week old baby !!! That fucker in NZ well he would sign up for that one, my point here a spectrum of opinion expressed can end with assholes like him germinating.

I am no Muslim terrorist apologist that should be clear but I will not allow the values of justice and intelligence to be ground down by blind anger or hate. That is what makes us a good society.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    You make some good points , I first posted a one line on another thread at 14.19 yesterday Barney ??? in the past threads are up at 7 am and getting a full throated response on here if it was a Muslim that was guilty , indeed as I state blamed in the wrong here also.

My point is there give or take a few hours , that story was world wide at 4 am . As to the other thread the attitudes expressed in relation to the death of a 2 week old baby !!! That fucker in NZ well he would sign up for that one, my point here a spectrum of opinion expressed can end with assholes like him germinating.

I am no Muslim terrorist apologist that should be clear but I will not allow the values of justice and intelligence to be ground down by blind anger or hate. That is what makes us a good society.
    Actually it was yesterday morning at 06:13, post #83. Now that's early (for me anyway !!).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (16-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post

Trump's response, typically disgusting. Spoken like a ten year old forced to apologise by his mother. Then straight into bashing immigrants in the next sentence. Utter Scum, and the far right took notice. They feel validated by him, justified.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (16-03-19)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast