Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm baffled

Reviews

Default I'm baffled

I was driving behind another car today and I noticed that the round thing on the end of its hitch (if that's the correct term) was covered snugly by a tennis ball. Why? I mean, really, why? Why the effing hell?

Is it some sort of secret gay mating signal? Or a fashion thing?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootSlick55 For This Useful Post:

Liberty Love (31-05-11), sperminater (31-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    I was driving behind another car today and I noticed that the round thing on the end of its hitch (if that's the correct term) was covered snugly by a tennis ball. Why? I mean, really, why? Why the effing hell?

Not sure of the reason but will profer a couple of suggestions, the hitch contains an electrical connection and the tennis ball protects that connection or simply it doesn't hurt like shit when you you bang your shin against the hitch!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Reviews

A tennis ball on a tow hitch??? You sure you weren't drunk BootS? Usually a white cap yoke is put on... But a tennis ball??? Maybe they were trying to herd dogs around the place
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Reviews

I bet the driver was "Annette" and she was going to "court", sorry but it had to be said!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think its a fetish thing. Means they like a clean well lubed hitch..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I bet the driver was "Annette" and she was going to "court", sorry but it had to be said!!!!
    No... It didn't... FAIL lol
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Not sure of the reason but will profer a couple of suggestions, the hitch contains an electrical connection and the tennis ball protects that connection or simply it doesn't hurt like shit when you you bang your shin against the hitch!!!!
    A hitch with an electrical connection ? Have seen many hitches but never one with an electrical connection. Most
    hitches would have a socket adjacent for lights but not on the hitch
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (30-05-11)

Reviews

By greasing the ball on the tow bar and covering it, it prevents rusting. In the absence of a proper cap, a tennis ball is an adequate inexpensive substitute.

I guarantee EI readers will spot loads of these today. It's quite common.

Am I the only perv who finds the uncovered tow bar quite phallic in appearance?
    The elephant is the ONLY mammal that can't jump

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (31-05-11), Liberty Love (31-05-11)

Reviews

Anyway, speaking of baffling things you see when driving....

Has anyone else ever noticed while driving through Dublin City, little signs on lampposts and traffic lights and stop signs ( ok poles ) that seem to be marking a route of some sort?

This goes on all year so it's not for marathons. The sign is usually a laminated card with a symbol such as a leaf. Whatever the symbol is, it is common to all of these signs that are up at the same time. A couple of weeks later, it could be a bird. I've seen it show a tank, an animal, the sun.

They are clearly marking out a route for someone, but for whom?

A club, the Gardai, the army, aliens? Who??

I have often been tempted to take one down and place it on a pole on a street around the corner but am afraid of the untold chaos and destruction this may cause.

And I don't know who I would be messing with. I could be bringing a giant shitstorm down on myself and spend the rest of my life on the run as a fugitive.

Any ideas?
    The elephant is the ONLY mammal that can't jump

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (31-05-11), Liberty Love (31-05-11), UKHeather (31-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Anyway, speaking of baffling things you see when driving....

Has anyone else ever noticed while driving through Dublin City, little signs on lampposts and traffic lights and stop signs ( ok poles ) that seem to be marking a route of some sort?

This goes on all year so it's not for marathons. The sign is usually a laminated card with a symbol such as a leaf. Whatever the symbol is, it is common to all of these signs that are up at the same time. A couple of weeks later, it could be a bird. I've seen it show a tank, an animal, the sun.

They are clearly marking out a route for someone, but for whom?

A club, the Gardai, the army, aliens? Who??

I have often been tempted to take one down and place it on a pole on a street around the corner but am afraid of the untold chaos and destruction this may cause.

And I don't know who I would be messing with. I could be bringing a giant shitstorm down on myself and spend the rest of my life on the run as a fugitive.

Any ideas?
    I know that the signs you talk about began to appear in the mid nineties and they tended be to mark a route for filming at the time, they showed the service vehicles, catering, mobile dressing rooms etc where to go for the location filming. I don't think that is what the current batch of signs are about but that's when they first started appearing.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (31-05-11), Bruno69 (31-05-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast