View Poll Results: Do you support the water charges in their current form?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do support the water charges in their current form as we have to pay for water

7 31.82%
  • I don't support the current form of billing for water

14 63.64%
  • Undecided

1 4.55%

Thread: Water Charges

Reviews

Default Water Charges

Do you intend paying the water charges in their current form of billing?

I am unhappy with the form for the following reasons;

I have Esb, Gas, and loads of other bills, like we all have, and not one of them require my PPS number.
    This is a private company, that is likely to be sold off in the future with my personal information.

Section F of the form states;
    By completing and returning this form I declare I am a customer of Irish Water, I am confirming I have to authority to open an account at the premises and that I am liable for water charges at the premises.

I could infer from this, Irish Water are trying to get me to enter into a contract with them, which implies they don't really have any power to collect.

We are already paying for water through our taxes. Shouldn't our taxes then be lowered, or are we expected to pay twice (of course we are)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

ana massage (03-10-14)

Reviews

Reviews

"We are already paying for our water through our taxes"

I have to pay for my water, electricity to pump the water, depreciation on the pump, maintainence the cost of drilling the well, etc. etc. I don't get a lump of money from the tax man to pay for this.

and I have to pay taxes for your water.

I'm strongly in favour of the water charges. However the whole thing seems a bit over complicated for political reasons, people will be paying for the free allowances some way.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Johnboy2 (03-10-14), Playitsam (03-10-14)

Reviews

For anyone with their own well, there is no free allowance .

The allowance will be reduced in the future and is just there so FG can claim they were the ones who gave you free water .
    All done to try make Phill Hogan look pretty !,,,,

Reviews

Its a joke. Apparently there are a few types of meters been used, so how about consistency re charges etc. Also for the first 9 months its average, so a couple in a flat pays 200 odd, a couple in Foxrock or another affluent area with a Jacuzzi-swimming pool etc etc etc pays the same, but uses buckets more water...........

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    "We are already paying for our water through our taxes"

I have to pay for my water, electricity to pump the water, depreciation on the pump, maintainence the cost of drilling the well, etc. etc. I don't get a lump of money from the tax man to pay for this.

and I have to pay taxes for your water.

I'm strongly in favour of the water charges. However the whole thing seems a bit over complicated for political reasons, people will be paying for the free allowances some way.
    Can you not build a reservoir on your farm?

and sell the surplus water

Could make you rich
    Last edited by bollocks; 03-10-14 at 21:40.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    Its a joke. Apparently there are a few types of meters been used, so how about consistency re charges etc. Also for the first 9 months its average, so a couple in a flat pays 200 odd, a couple in Foxrock or another affluent area with a Jacuzzi-swimming pool etc etc etc pays the same, but uses buckets more water...........
    I was thinking of pumping water backwards through the meter and getting a refund.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bollocks For This Useful Post:

Reviews

This says it all

" WE ARE CONNACHT "