Thread: Arsenal need a new goalkeeper

Reviews

Default Arsenal need a new goalkeeper

Theres a friendly match between Arsenal and Legia Warsaw on Setanta ireland. The second half is just about to start. Arsenal are 3-1 down. Fabianski is playing today and he simply isn't good enough. I see in todays sun that Arsenal are linked with a 23 million bid for Reina. I doubt if that's true but would be great. If he sticks with Almunia and Fabianski then there will be plenty more bad results like against Wigan and Birmingham. Chamakhs impressing again though.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

The reserve keeper Scezney is on now. Lets see will he be any better. It's a pity Mannone doesn't get a game he was fanastic last season against Fulham and played a few games when Almunia and Fabianski were out.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Can’t get Setanta in the north anymore H so can’t watch the match, but I think not only do they need a keeper but they also need anther striker. Even with this new guy Chamakhs, van Persie always has it to do on his own, and when he’s not playing the never look as if they’re going to score.
    Last edited by JohnRambo; 07-08-10 at 16:35.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Theres a friendly match between Arsenal and Legia Warsaw on Setanta ireland. The second half is just about to start. Arsenal are 3-1 down. Fabianski is playing today and he simply isn't good enough. I see in todays sun that Arsenal are linked with a 23 million bid for Reina. I doubt if that's true but would be great. If he sticks with Almunia and Fabianski then there will be plenty more bad results like against Wigan and Birmingham. Chamakhs impressing again though.
    Reina was our best player last season and wont be sold, just committed himself to LFC on a 5 year deal. But I do agree that you need a goal keeper. I also think you need a central defender and I don't know how good Chamakhs is or will be, but Bendtner seems to be injured alot and Eduardo was loaned out wasn't he, so a striker more is probably also needed.

Reviews

Arsenal need a top-class keeper and we also need a defender asap....Flapianski is an accident waiting to happen and i am not encouraged by our defending today......i believe we had our five starters in defence for the liverpool and if we play like that we will be slaughtered...given,frey,skelenburg would be my choices but i have a feeling wengers transfer dealings are done for this summer....We simply cannot start the new season with the current keepers and we also are lacking in another striker.....suaraz would be a good choice because we are still lacking in strength and depth...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

Richard B (19-08-10)

Reviews

This rumour has been doing the rounds all day,it would be a great move to bring him even if it was on loan,given mentioned today that he will look to leave the club if he is not first choice after the weekend....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Even if Given becomes the regular starting GK for City, you'd expect Joe Hart to go somewhere because it wont help his England chances if he is on the bench, so he might also be a candidate, though I don't think he is as good as Given yet.

It would be great to see Given getting CL football as well.