Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Ireland this bad ?

Reviews

Default Is Ireland this bad ?

While viewing another site I came accross this rant from a Canadian living here.
    Is this place that awful ? Or should he just fuck off back to where he comes from ? or both ?

"As a Canadian (automatically considered American over here) living over in Ireland for 5 years I can confidently say that I would not be in this shithole if I didn't have to be for work. Why would someone leave Ireland you say? Maybe cause its a horrible, horrible place. Why the hell do you think there are more Irish living outside of Ireland than in? There is fuck all to do here, you people have absolutely no culture. Work, drink at the pub, repeat. That would make anyone go insane, no wonder this country has such high rates of mental illness. You want to talk about internals? Ireland has one of the worst health systems there is. Look how expensive the standard of living is in this country... 3rd highest restaurant prices in the WORLD!
    The weather is fucking horrible, its always cold, windy and rainy (explains the drinking). The women are hideous... orange faces and hair that looks like it hasnt seen water in years... shapeless bodies and figures, and I don't think the word gym exists in their vocabulary. I mean, what kind of fucked up supressed people made condoms ILLEGAL until the 1970s...? The only good thing this place had going for it was all the immigrants before the recession, brought some character to the country.
    To all the American women who have dreams of 'escaping' to Ireland - try visiting here before you make your decision.

"I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

He seems to have hit the nail on the head pretty much ,although it is a bit over-exaggerated,I'm originally from the states myself and can't wait to leave but I'm considering europe rather than the US.

Reviews

ya its all true who wants to live in such a corrupt country awful weather overflowin with immigrants & scumbags etc.

Blog Entries

Default Yes it is that bad

Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
    While viewing another site I came accross this rant from a Canadian living here.
    Is this place that awful ? Or should he just fuck off back to where he comes from ? or both ?

"As a Canadian (automatically considered American over here) living over in Ireland for 5 years I can confidently say that I would not be in this shithole if I didn't have to be for work. Why would someone leave Ireland you say? Maybe cause its a horrible, horrible place. Why the hell do you think there are more Irish living outside of Ireland than in? There is fuck all to do here, you people have absolutely no culture. Work, drink at the pub, repeat. That would make anyone go insane, no wonder this country has such high rates of mental illness. You want to talk about internals? Ireland has one of the worst health systems there is. Look how expensive the standard of living is in this country... 3rd highest restaurant prices in the WORLD!
    The weather is fucking horrible, its always cold, windy and rainy (explains the drinking). The women are hideous... orange faces and hair that looks like it hasnt seen water in years... shapeless bodies and figures, and I don't think the word gym exists in their vocabulary. I mean, what kind of fucked up supressed people made condoms ILLEGAL until the 1970s...? The only good thing this place had going for it was all the immigrants before the recession, brought some character to the country.
    To all the American women who have dreams of 'escaping' to Ireland - try visiting here before you make your decision.

I agree completely with the "work,drink at the pub and repeat". I know quite a few ppl and if you want to see them then it s has to be drinking. Having said all of this i have heard a few Americans that visited here saying that they love the place.I guess visiting and living are two different things.

Irish are pretty sneaky ppl too on average,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by chanusi View Post
    He seems to have hit the nail on the head pretty much ,although it is a bit over-exaggerated,I'm originally from the states myself and can't wait to leave but I'm considering europe rather than the US.
    the women part is over exagerated. America is a very lazy country generally and has a very high population of overweight ppl. In fact a guy weighing 18/19 stone is nothing in the states.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Reviews

I have to agree with the Canadian's views in general, but there are some glaring errors and generalisations.

Of course we have culture here; literature, music, dance, cinema, theatre etc......maybe the Canadian brother should have got out a little more (weather permitting), instead of just heading to the pubs to observe the drink culture.

"Ireland has one of the worst health systems there is"......it would'nt be world class and is probably worse then that in many other developed countries, but I suspect that there are probably a lot worse health systems on the planet and in some places virtually none.

"The women are hideous.......bodies and figures"........we have our share of those, but maybe the brother is no oil painting himself, so was only able to attract the less aqualine of the opposite gender.
    If he really wants to see obesity gone mad, he need look no further than Canada, or better still, at his colonial cousins south of great lakes.

I think our friend from the Rockies needs to cheer himself up........go to the pub and get plastered like the rest of us.........once you're wet on the inside, what the f**k does a bit of wet rain on the outside matter, plus those big girls look a hell of a lot better through beer goggles.

Reviews

It's true but exaggerated. I'd still prefer to live in Ireland than in a Second or Third World country.

Reviews

Was this mystery poster out old friend "french Stick" i wonder???

Reviews

I want that man for Taoiseach.

Reviews

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast