Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting our President

Reviews

Default Disrespecting our President

I watched on the news this evening footage of President Michael D Higgins's running the gauntlet of personal abuse from a group of Anti Water Charges Protesters as he arrived and left a function in Finglas last week and an interview with one of the protesters who tried to justify their actions.
    This is no way for citizens to behave, they vented their anger because he signed the Water bill into law and but there was no legal reason for him to refuse to do so.
    These protesters do nothing more that hurt their own cause with their outright ignorant actions.
    I had sympathy with many of the points they proposed but this action coupled with the confining Joan Burton in her car for almost two hours causes me to rethink that sections of the Anti Water Lobby are now employing bully boy tactics, and logic and reason no longer apply to their thought processes.

What are your thoughts ?
    Last edited by Floki; 29-01-15 at 17:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (29-01-15)

Reviews

Michael D is a figurehead with figurehead powers.
    If it isn't breaking any constitutional issues his hands are tied and he did his job.

Joan Burton is an annoying muppet with actual power yet heads the most spineless political party in the country.
    They should have left her rot in the car as far as im concerned.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-01-15), TonyB (29-01-15)

I was disgusted, that people felt the need to behave like this in a democratic country.

Thes people dont want a democracy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gobshite For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-01-15), nitram (02-02-15), xcitedcork (29-01-15)

Reviews

These ruffians should have their dole taken off them for offending our chief leprechaun

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Banger (29-01-15), greenie (01-02-15), nitram (02-02-15), SmallHorn (29-01-15)

Reviews

Where do these people get the time to protest . Do they have no work to do to contribute to our society ? A large proportion of the population here pay for their water , if you live in the country you drill a well buy a pump and the pay for the power to pump it . That's life , if you want it pay for it .

And can you blame the Guards for pushing back ? When you are been shouted at by abusive tramps viewing the world through their mobile phone screens . These protestors in my mind have been coached and are part of a sinister rent a mob .

Does anyone think this mob were not bussed in for this protest ? There is a very sinister underbelly in irish politics at the moment bordering on anarchy .

And when they finally get elected , no they won't reduce taxes, because the wealth tax they are proposing will be useless as the wealth will be long gone . Those with wealth and the ability to generate it will have left the new communist left wing shinner state.
    And the poor sods that vote them in will be left with nothing but poverty .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Playitsam For This Useful Post:

Banger (29-01-15), nitram (02-02-15), xcitedcork (29-01-15)

Reviews

When the Shinners get to power just watch your taxes soar .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Playitsam For This Useful Post:

Banger (29-01-15), nitram (02-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Playitsam View Post
    When the Shinners get to power just watch your taxes soar .
    and the ironic thing is, if Martin McGuinness was elected president, he too would have signed off on the law.

The protest and rentamob insults are orchestrated only to bring media attention to the anti austerity agenda, then to be exploited by the AA politicos.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-01-15), nitram (02-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    and the ironic thing is, if Martin McGuinness was elected president, he too would have signed off on the law.

The protest and rentamob insults are orchestrated only to bring media attention to the anti austerity agenda, then to be exploited by the AA politicos.
    and directed by the new world order too?

Send them off to Saudi Arabia and the the min punishment will be 1000 lashes of the Big Whip on the bare arse!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick104 For This Useful Post:

nitram (02-02-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    I watched on the news this evening footage of President Michael D Higgins's running the gauntlet of personal abuse from a group of Anti Water Charges Protesters as he arrived and left a function in Finglas last week and an interview with one of the protesters who tried to justify their actions.
    This is no way for citizens to behave, they vented their anger because he signed the Water bill into law and but there was no legal reason for him to refuse to do so.
    These protesters do nothing more that hurt their own cause with their outright ignorant actions.
    I had sympathy with many of the points they proposed but this action coupled with the confining Joan Burton in her car for almost two hours causes me to rethink that sections of the Anti Water Lobby are now employing bully boy tactics, and logic and reason no longer apply to their thought processes.

What are your thoughts ?
    Oh sweet jesus youve done it now. No way for people to behave? What kind of an asshole are you and where the fuck were you these last few years? So its ok for politicians to lie?

This two faced cunt (higgins) sat Or should I say stood on tv not long ago talking about the plight of the Irish people. Then he signs this shit into law. What the fuck would he know about financial difficulty. Oh he had to sign it? No he didnt, he could have refused and resigned but the power and the money will be gone.

This two faced lair is not my President and I DONT RESPECT him. So the poor cunt got abuse. fuck him he deserved it. He should go around like a real representive of the people and leave his shiny limo and wealth and go and talk to families who are struggling WITHOUT WATER CHARGES.

People like you fuckin infuriate me to no end. Your everything that wrong with this fuckin country. Stop making excuses and showing respect to two faced cunts like this. Poor Joan conined to her car for two hours. What about the hard working people that her ploicies have confined to financial difficulty through no fault of their own.

You then talk. What about you screwing women and paying them for it mr fuckin perfect???????????

asshole,
    Westside.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

justfrank44 (29-01-15)

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast