Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with translation to Romanian.

Reviews

Default Help with translation to Romanian.

Some time back, I had a very nice appointment with a lady and a very nice chat afterwards.
    I had, had some difficulty following her directions and suggested that she direct from a different landmark, as the landmark she used was associated with another brothel.
    She asked me to help her understand some common phrases, Murphy's Law being one of them.
    Anyway, there was one phrase that she just couldn't understand, and I said I'd try to learn some Romanian before my next visit. I hope to see her soon and I haven't done my homework yet.
    The phrase she asked me to help with was when a client asked to be teased erotically and titillated, she did understand teasing as in school-yard teasing, but shecould not grasp the concept of it being erotic unless the client was into humiliation.
    Anyway I promised to do some homework before my next visit. I also know that Google is my friend, but she had already tried translation apps without success.
    Her English was almost prefect, but she told me that her native language was Romanian (There isn't an R in her name).
    Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 28-03-16 at 08:50.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

tldr? Short version. Translate "erotic teasing" and "titillation" to Romanian. Not Google translate version.
    And left.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Reviews

She speaks English by your description, so explain it to her in English. Just give her examples of situations.
    Last edited by OutKast; 28-03-16 at 09:49.

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    tldr? Short version. Translate "erotic teasing" and "titillation" to Romanian. Not Google translate version.
    My man I found something for you with our Rumanian college..

- Erotic teasing I would say tachinare sexuală or tachinare erotică but it can work only tachinare...

- The titillating would be: gādilat erotic

I hope this helps you

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jorge For This Useful Post:

ana massage (28-03-16), Petros (28-03-16), philipkntz (28-03-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (29-03-16)

Reviews

Thanks. On mobile site ATM so no thanks button

8. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Jorge (28-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    She speaks English by your description, so explain it to her in English. Just give her examples of situations.
    "She speaks English by your description, so explain it to her in English. Just give her examples of situations." Yes indeed.

Good rule of thumb, do not try to speak to someone in a foreign language you do not fully understand. At best you will make fool of yourself at worst you will be completely misunderstood and even offend someone.

English is a Germanic (mostly) language while Romanian is a Latin language so there is a lot of differences between them.
    You cannot speak a language by simply substituting words. [People who think they can speak Irish take note]

And, of course I slight mispronunciation of a word can cause it to mean something completely different. [For Example, in English, SHIT and SHEET sound the same to many foreign ears but mean different things ]

And “college” and “colleague” sound the same in English but mean different things. : )
    Last edited by SteveB; 28-03-16 at 10:39.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

OutKast (28-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    "She speaks English by your description, so explain it to her in English. Just give her examples of situations." Yes indeed.

Good rule of thumb, do not try to speak to someone in a foreign language you do not fully understand. At best you will make fool of yourself at worst you will be completely misunderstood and even offend someone.

English is a Germanic (mostly) language while Romanian is a Latin language so there is a lot of differences between them.
    You cannot speak a language by simply substituting words. [People who think they can speak Irish take note]

And, of course I slight mispronunciation of a word can cause it to mean something completely different. [For Example, in English, SHIT and SHEET sound the same to many foreign ears but mean different things ]

And “college” and “colleague” sound the same in English but mean different things. : )
    My girlfriend has this problem these words.
    I tell her to say each 4 words together.

Shit, Sheet, Sheep, Ship.

To my misses, each word sounds the same.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post

I did try to explain in English, it didn't work, therefore this thread.
    I am aware of mispronunciation issues, I plan to write down phrases and translation and she promised to help me with pronunciation.
    Any other useful phrase translations welcome.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post

- Erotic teasing I would say tachinare sexuală or tachinare erotică but it can work only tachinare...

I hope this helps you
    Rumanian? Romanian? I thought these were 2 different languages.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post

I hope this helps you
    I think that these were the words her translation app came up with. Tachinare, as in school-yard teasing, and gādilat as tickling.
    Direct translation doesn't seem to work. But Thanks.
    I was thinking something like "tenta seducator" or "ispititoarea" or "seducatoare" but for all I know I could be calling her a curvă.
    And left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast