Thread: Stop feeding the trolls!!! It's the only way

Default Stop feeding the trolls!!! It's the only way

Peace out folks

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (01-11-15), HUMPTYDUMPTY2 (01-11-15), Mister Anderson (01-11-15), robbie9 (01-11-15), themanofwar (01-11-15), tom rambo (01-11-15), tom sand (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (01-11-15), tom rambo (01-11-15)

Reviews

I'm not really a man of war, i much prefer the peaceful life

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to themanofwar For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (01-11-15), Mister Anderson (01-11-15), tom rambo (01-11-15)

Reviews

Not a man o'war.

Frigate.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (01-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Not a man o'war.

Frigate.
    Trawling for compliments?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockneyRebel For This Useful Post:

alcatel (01-11-15), Mister Anderson (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Not a man o'war.

Frigate.

Guess we'll find out schooner or lighter.

Yawl seem ferry optimist-ic today.
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 01-11-15 at 20:55.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

alcatel (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I was out picking mushrooms yesterday. Yes, I was also surprised to find them this late in the season. Purely by accident I might add. I went looking for the little bag I put them in earlier and couldn't find it. Then I was sat hear reading some of the threads that we've had thus far this evening and I got to wondering if perhaps I hadn't already taken them by mistake.

I can appreciate what everyone is trying to do here and why, we all feel the urge. But at the end of the day constantly replying to these people is leaving an awful mess on the boards. Bumping their threads dampens the atmosphere something dreadful. I looked at general chat a while ago and all the top threads were ugly. Just sayin'

Also in the interest of the betterment of the English language, today's top contender is not a troll. Calling him a troll suggests he is being in some way clever, entertaining, and is doing this for amusement, he's not. What we've had tonight was a damaged person who is in pain and lashing out because he doesn't know what else to do. Yes it's vile and disturbing, yes it's hard not to react. But it accomplishes nothing, if anything quite the opposite.

There are signs to look out for when it comes to trolling.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...otting-a-Troll

I think we can all agree that what we've had here this evening demonstrated none of that clarity of though.

Apologies if I've come across as preachy, I just think some of you are getting lost in the fog.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Best Before (02-11-15), bettercallsaul (01-11-15), JAMESCORK (01-11-15), tom sand (01-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    I was out picking mushrooms yesterday. Yes, I was also surprised to find them this late in the season. Purely by accident I might add. I went looking for the little bag I put them in earlier and couldn't find it. Then I was sat hear reading some of the threads that we've had thus far this evening and I got to wondering if perhaps I hadn't already taken them by mistake.

I can appreciate what everyone is trying to do here and why, we all feel the urge. But at the end of the day constantly replying to these people is leaving an awful mess on the boards. Bumping their threads dampens the atmosphere something dreadful. I looked at general chat a while ago and all the top threads were ugly. Just sayin'

Also in the interest of the betterment of the English language, today's top contender is not a troll. Calling him a troll suggests he is being in some way clever, entertaining, and is doing this for amusement, he's not. What we've had tonight was a damaged person who is in pain and lashing out because he doesn't know what else to do. Yes it's vile and disturbing, yes it's hard not to react. But it accomplishes nothing, if anything quite the opposite.

There are signs to look out for when it comes to trolling.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...otting-a-Troll

I think we can all agree that what we've had here this evening demonstrated none of that clarity of though.

Apologies if I've come across as preachy, I just think some of you are getting lost in the fog.
    Bahahaha... Well said sir.... Sticky material...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    No, just fishing. ;-)
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    No, just fishing. ;-)

U-boat need to shut up.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (01-11-15)