Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeless man dies in Dublin

Reviews

Default Homeless man dies in Dublin

Homeless man dies in Dublin it is so sad homeless problem in Ireland.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ds-653017.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

class1driver (02-12-14), joggon (02-12-14), The D Man (03-12-14)

Reviews

I think government should do more I know if I found myself homeless I do not think I would survive.adopt a homeless person you do not pick them up at a dog shelter. Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    It's sad, but the port-mortem is still to be done.
    It's sad to sad there is probably more deads of homeless people on the streets unreported in the newspapers.

Would you be willing to adopt a homeless person and help them get back to a normal life where possible to help solve the problem

Sad state of affairs, the woman who found him was on the radio this morning talking about the incident. She shared a facebook post on it too and the response of the Gardaí as well is pretty appalling:

I found a man dead this morning in Dublin 50 metres from the Dail. He was lying on his face and his arm was blue and 1 hand contorted. I couldn't get a response so I ran across the road to get the police at the Dail. I told him I need an ambulance but when I said it was a homeless man the guard stopped following me and said he couldn't leave his post. I said I told him I didn't know if the man was dead or not. The receptionist at the Dail said that the guards on duty there do leave there post for other occasions like traffic problems. Because he wouldn't come I rang back and checked the man's pulse and found none and he was ice cold. It was freezing this morning and if this was not a homeless man then I think that guard would have come if another member of the public were potentially still dying. Not a great 1st of December. Maybe volunteer or give support to homeless charities this Christmas then you pass them on grafton doing your shopping

https://www.facebook.com/sophie.a.pi...nf&pnref=story
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

talkabout (03-12-14)

Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

Reviews

Sponspor or adopt a homeless person still stupid.

Sponspor might have been a better word, but don't f*cking think you can start calling someone stupid.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda blondey View Post
    Maybe if the rich gave donations to cater for the homeless it might help but their just like the goverment they couldnt care less either lets hope they always have it every ones turn is around is around the corner x x
    I know the wife of one EXTREMELY rich builder who goes out 3 nights a week with cooked dinners for homeless people and has been doing so for years.
    Its unfair to generalise any group of people...rich included.(They don't all forget where they came from or forget that they are more blessed than others)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (03-12-14)

its so sad people die this way,in this nice country god bless them

Reviews

I took your post as attack on me.Than why I respond to you.I do give money to Simon community I got letter of them a few weeks ago. I know lots people got the same letter. It not about you and me.Unfortunately a poor man is dead.

Focus Ireland would disagree with you

Welcome to the Focus Ireland Ireland sponsor a friend page.

Every sponsorship you make will help make an incredible difference to the lives of people who are homeless in Ireland. Please click on the appropriate link below:

€8 will help us provide food for a week for a person who is homeless
    €25 will help someone faced with the frightening prospect of being homeless
    €50 will help provide a crèche place away from the streets for a young child who is homeless
    €75 will help provide a week of support and a safe place for teenagers who are homeless
    €100 will help support a previously homeless family for a month
    €250 to help rebuild the life of a young person leaving a state institution or whose foster care just hasn’t worked out

Please donate if you can
    https://www.focusireland.ie/fundrais...onsor-a-friend

Text "Focus" to 50300 to donate €2

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Isn't it sad that a person has to be found dead within a stones throw from the Dial for it to get all this media attention and politicians to show any concern ?
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

The rich do help, probably a fraction of there wealth, but if you looked at the average person the same could be probably said for them too.
    Exactly
    I used to give half of a 2000 a year bonus to a particular childrens hospital each year.Bonus got stopped ,so now they get maybe 200 euro.
    So if I give 200 euro and someone worth 10 million gives 100,000 ,ive done my bit and they have done their bit.....the balance is up to us all through taxes in proportional amounts (Some people think we should take 9.8 million off the person with the greater wealth)
    Last edited by xagerate; 02-12-14 at 23:16.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (03-12-14)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast