Thread: Black Market Ireland

Reviews

Dick Black Market Ireland

TV3 has a new series coming soon.
    Black market Ireland will investigate the massive
    business of smuggled cigarettes, dvds and nearly everthing else.

i only buy some designer goods but would never buy or value anything
    that was not genuine. a fake Ralph Lauren t-shirt? i'd prefer a genuine Penney's one.

they'll probably avoid the biggy on this subject.
    Last edited by warmcome; 28-02-11 at 15:33. Reason: spelt Ralph wrong...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (28-02-11)

Reviews

I agree with you on the fakes, but the fags fuck no!! do you realise how much i save every week buying fags from other countries? €95!!! that's almost €5,000 a year, if the government want to stop illegal imports they should reduce excise, that way we would have on reason to buy them and they'd probably make more money

Blog Entries

The worst is Designer hanbags' they make the carrier look incredibly cheap and tacky and the goods ones aren't cheap, either; I woubld rather buy an interesting looking, quality REAL leather bag than a FAKE one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

warmcome (28-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    The worst is Designer hanbags' they make the carrier look incredibly cheap and tacky and the goods ones aren't cheap, either; I woubld rather buy an interesting looking, quality REAL leather bag than a FAKE one
    although if i was chatting to a nice young one,
    and she told me her bag was fake-i reckon i could get over it.

Reviews

Is there not a greater moral issue here?
    Fakes are just inferior rip offs, it's no different than theft.
    Theft from legitimate business, legitimate jobs, and not to mention that dirty word tax.
    But tax has to come from somewhere.
    Fakes are just wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyMe For This Useful Post:

warmcome (28-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    Is there not a greater moral issue here?
    Fakes are just inferior rip offs, it's no different than theft.
    Theft from legitimate business, legitimate jobs, and not to mention that dirty word tax.
    But tax has to come from somewhere.
    Fakes are just wrong.
    I pay enough tax!!!! i'm sick to death of paying it!!! i handed over €63,000 to the bastards today and that's only for january and they even tried to charge me interest and what do i get for it???? i'll tell you.... sweet fuck all!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hornylimerick For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (02-03-11)

Reviews

i don't mind paying tax but its getting excessive now so the government is going to create a very big black market in everything unless they cop on .

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    I pay enough tax!!!! i'm sick to death of paying it!!! i handed over €63,000 to the bastards today and that's only for january and they even tried to charge me interest and what do i get for it???? i'll tell you.... sweet fuck all!!!
    Understand the sentiment HL, mind you the ciggies are horrible. One of the frightening things about it,is it's not just fake bags and trainers, there also counterfieting medical drugs and even aircraft parts.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    I know the feeling, admittedly on smaller scale. (I don't earn quite that much myself )

There's a problem with the black market in every country, the only difference is the extent. Ireland is a particulary easy country for smugglers due to the lack of customs boats around your shores. Another factor is that your government fixes the prices of certain goods such as ciggies/alcohol which are easy for the smugglers to sell on. In the UK our large supermarkets especially Asda/Morrisions continously have prices wars hence the price of these goods can be bought on a regular basis at discounted prices, ciggies in 100s/200s & lucrative offers on alcohol. Your government doesnt allow this to the extent it is in the UK, if they allowed prices to vary the issue of smuggling would decrease. At the end of the day there will always be a black market.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 02-03-11 at 16:33.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

mellors (02-03-11)